My Girlfriend- NSFW!

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by Big Bully, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Big Bully

Big Bully TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well I was recently in a photoshoot, here are some of the shots that we came up with. C&C Welcome. There are some that I know have white balance issues. But we did what we could.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  2. mark h

mark h TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think that the lighting needs a lot of work. Try reading a few books on lighting, and controlling it. You need to isolate the subject from the background more, and you need to control the light that is hitting your subject a LOT more.

The quality of these images is also pretty poor - what are you shooting with? You seem to have a hell of a lot of noise in them, which is incredibly distracting.

I think the model seems quite uncomfortable in a few of these. Think about what you are trying to achieve with shoots like this. You don't want to end up with "girlfriend in the bedroom" cheap 'n' nasty style shots. I wouldn't say thats what the above images are, but it's close...

3. Jeff Canes

Jeff Canes No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    IMO She looks uncomfortable or not relaxed in some more that other, the pose seem a bit stiff, yes the lighting needs work but IMO more relaxed poses would be the bigger improvement, how did you fell when shooting them, IMO number 3 is the best of the group, just keep practicing

also I do not like the gym pants

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  4. ElliottB

ElliottB TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yikes. Try again.

5. Big Bully

Big Bully TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    We were working on lighting and trying to get the right setup. The lighting we were using was house lights and these shots were done by an amature and a brand spankin new camera. We took about 200 shots, I will post some others that had better lighting. BTW I am the model in this shoot.. Not the photographer, I was cold.. lol

6. monkeykoder

monkeykoder TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    A suggestion on CHEAP lighting is get some shop lights (the little dome ones) 2 should be enough and some of the fluorescent bulbs (the ones that are equivalent to 100watt at least) one on the background and one on yourself. Another option that might help with the cold issue is if you have some of those halogen shop lights and using them for the model and the background.

7. RMThompson

RMThompson the TPF moderators rock my world!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I believe the rules of this forum state that only the photographer of photos may post them. Even with permission, you are not supposed to post photos you didnt take.

That being said, these need work. Their is too much noise. What camera were these taken on?

8. Sirashley

Sirashley TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Alright Bully, it goes like this. 3 and 4 are the best photos. The lighting issues have been addressed. There are some things fundamentally wrong with these photographs. 1st and foremost I would ask what kind of camera was the photographer using? From there, I have seen your photos on here and I know that you know your way around a camera so I would suggest giving the photographer some pointers on how to cut noise and sharpen the shots. As far as the modeling goes, 3 and 4 are your best. You don't exactly look comfortable in 4 but your facial expression is best there (the shadow hurts though). You mentioned you were cold, that's a b!tch...LOL... cause being cold usually stiffens people up. I would suggest for next time, try "Just letting go". That sounds easier than it is, modeling is not easy, but it has to come off as natural. I shot some photos of my wife and they came out horrible, when I shot some when she wasn't looking, they came out amazing. You have to lose yourself and sell yourself at the same time, also, know what you want out of the shot. It seems like, in photos 1 and 2, you want sexy, SELL IT, look at the camera while in those poses. What you are wearing is hot, my wife has something very similar... Sell it... It works for 3 and 4 too... Those are your best poses, 3 seeming the most natural. I commend you for posting these. It's not easy to get in front of the camera and run with it. I think if you throw the photographer some tips, you could have some really creative shots. Lastly, I bet people tell you this allot, but you look like Sigourney Weaver...:D

9. Big Bully

Big Bully TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I was the model and I am married to the photog.. So it's all good.. hahaha

It is a nikon coolpix P80. We are still working out the bugs with camera. Like I said in my post above we were playing with lighting and the camera. I will post some of the photos where we actually got the lighting somewhat right.

What noise? I am not seeing it... Except in the first two.

10. Big Bully

Big Bully TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    No actually that is a first... :lol:

11. Sirashley

Sirashley TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    With the P80, were you guys shooting in Manual mode? I've noticed that in auto with that camera the setting may change even with lining up the same shot on a tripod. My boss has that camera and I have played around with it. 18x optical is swwweeetttt!!!!... Anyway, the noise is really in the first two.

I can't believe you have never gotten the Sigourney Weaver reference... Seriously...
    In your avatar no, but in these photos, definitely...

12. Big Bully

Big Bully TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think we were playing with both auto and manual focus. The auto on this camera sucks. But you are right, the 18x zoom is fantastic.

I thought that the noise was just in the first two, because I can see that.. But from what everyone is saying, it's like the noise is in all of them.. And I can't see it on the last 3.

I don't know about anyone else, but the last shot is one of my favorites!

Yeah I have gotten Molly Ringwald from Pretty in Pink. But never Sigorney Weaver. lol