My grandfather befor and after.

TheCanonMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I got all of my Grandfathers old darkroom stuff well any how I found this in there. So I made a new 8x10 print of it and scaned it at 600dpi. After that used photoshop on it This photo was from 1953-1955

Befor
Oldman.jpg

After
Oldmancustom.jpg

He took photos for aobut 40years most of his work was joke stuff like adding things in the photo that where not really there. So this is one of them I guess he was never in jail but did this just to say he was idk lol.

I can't decide which I like more either.... maybe the color one... Interesting shot - he has such an intense face!

I think Im gonna go with the colour. I like both, but the colour version stands out for me more.

Chiller said:
I think Im gonna go with the colour. I like both, but the colour version stands out for me more.

The reason I like the color one I think is that it reminds me of old photos of my grandpa during the war. They were shot in b/w and then hand retouched with like, super-light airbrushes or something, and they had this slight tinge to them that wasn't realistic, yet definitely adds something. Hard to explain. But this is what they end up looking like, and I like that.

My grandmother use to do that back when my grandfather was pro. He would take the photos and if thay wanted them in color she would oil paint them. It took a lot more time but it had some nice turn outs

Most reactions

New Topics

Back