My Grandfather's Cameras

MissMia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.shotbychristina.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey Everyone! I've been in San Diego helping organize my grandmother's things. I came across a few of my grandfather's cameras and a couple thousand Kodachrome slides. They've been in a drawer for the past 39 years, but I'm thrilled to have found them!

Rolleicord
ckl-rollei.jpg

Kodak 35
ckl-kodak35.jpg

Retina III c
ckl-kodak-retinaIIIc-2.jpg

ckl-kodak-retinaIIIc.jpg

Ansco Pioneer
ckl-ansco.jpg

Minolta 16-II
ckl-minolta16.jpg

Ooooh!... Lucky find. Rolleicord, you'll love it. Also the Retina IIIc is nice. Plug some film in both and go shootin'... ;)

Nice stuff! I've got a 'Cord and one of the Pioneers. If you use the Ansco, let me know how it turns out. I haven't used mine yet.

Nice find - take the rollei out and use it - you'll love it!

Thanks! I'm excited to try it out.

Ooooh!... Lucky find. Rolleicord, you'll love it. Also the Retina IIIc is nice. Plug some film in both and go shootin'... ;)

I hope they still work! Thanks and I'll have to take you up on your coffee too. :mrgreen:

Nice stuff! I've got a 'Cord and one of the Pioneers. If you use the Ansco, let me know how it turns out. I haven't used mine yet.

Thanks NJP! The Ansco looks like it could be fun to try out.

Hey Christina,

I hope you make it to the shop soon, bring the Rollei and the Retina for me to check and see whether they are up to par, before putting any film in. As I expect, they both will be just fine, since they're such marvelous machines, but you never know...

Ooooh, lucky girl. Congrats and happy hunting thru all those slides. If they are the quality of the others you posted, you have a treasure trove and a way to connect with your grandfather.

Hey Christina,

I hope you make it to the shop soon, bring the Rollei and the Retina for me to check and see whether they are up to par, before putting any film in. As I expect, they both will be just fine, since they're such marvelous machines, but you never know...

Thanks for the hint.... I'll come down there in the next couple weekends!

Ooooh, lucky girl. Congrats and happy hunting thru all those slides. If they are the quality of the others you posted, you have a treasure trove and a way to connect with your grandfather.

Thanks K! There are some amazing images in the slides we checked out the other night. Anyone want to help me with this huge project?

Looks like your rolleicord is in great condition. I'm almost sure that the rolleicord is still working. Lucky you!

Thanks BenjieO! I'm looking forward to trying the Rolleicord out! It should be a fun challenge for me.

Wow they are so cute. Especially the first camera, it seems to perfectly fit in to your coat pocket!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back