My HDR photos

And another realistic HDR photo. Those one came up like this eventhough I tried to overprocess it. I like it though a lot!

Akrokorinthos Mountain (HDR) by Panagiotis Adamopoulos, on Flickr

I think that your contributions are obvious in the final pictures. You made me also study and try realistic HDR creations.

yeah, stick to this style... :p

Where do we draw the line between ART and photography? To me, if it looks real it's photography and not real is art, which can also be very nice to look at and appreciate.
Nice point. But why should we draw lines? In painting there are many technics. The same with music and the same with photography.

We could make an argue on reality and photography. It depends on what is in the frame each time. Is it a part of what is happening or is it the full view. And from which corner? Same is with the technic. Is panning point of view? Are the star lines on long night exposure reality? These are all technics that help us express our subjective view of things through reality (?).

Beautiful pictures, some of them are completely stunning and can be used as an argument why is HDR so popular.

Beautiful pictures, some of them are completely stunning and can be used as an argument why is HDR so popular.
Thank you very much! It would surely be an interesting subject!

Yeah it would be, it is one of my most frequent discussion with my image taking friends. Always loved the HDR, for example i couldn't even imagine doing something like this without HDR:
the_exit_by_hitchhikerdave-d7cvfn0.jpg

Very nice photo!

Well.... There indeed many cases where HDR is inevitable in order to balance a composition mostly because of high dynamic range from dark to light. There are also other reasons of doing HDR and tone mapping that have to do with individual artistic expression.

If we take a look in Flickr there are many great users - photographers that display collections of images that are done HDR because of artistic expression and not necessarily because of technical choice sometime that they were in front of a subject or theme that had a high dynamic range.

Personally and often told I love HDR because it gives the ability to create surreal images that cross the border of reality and display you an imaginary world through reality. The real scene - image becomes an alternative presentation of a fantastic scene.

There are many people that like this kind of expression and there are others who hate it. But! In other arts such us music or painting people use also technics that create non realistic expressions. I.e. Keyboards in music and electronic sounds or distortion in some physical instruments. The same happens in painting. Why should it be wrong in photography or in HDR?

Last edited:
I like them. Knowing they are HDR and what your goal was with the processing I think you accomplished what you were trying to do. For me I can imagine being there in a day dream, which is relaxing. Yup, I do like them.

Dave

Yeah HDR is great signature like tool for many digital photographers to distinguish oneself from others. There is really a load of skillful people who amaze me everyday by the use of it.
Really love some of the urbex people who can make a surreal amazing beaty from pictures that originaly would make you spill your guts. For example this guy or this one. They suprisingly pulled it off so awesomely that I can't get enough of their works.
For those interested here is one more by me.

Yeah HDR is great signature like tool for many digital photographers to distinguish oneself from others. There is really a load of skillful people who amaze me everyday by the use of it.
Really love some of the urbex people who can make a surreal amazing beaty from pictures that originaly would make you spill your guts. For example this guy or this one. They suprisingly pulled it off so awesomely that I can't get enough of their works.
For those interested here is one more by me.
They are both of them, excellent, and it is sure that they know how to make HDR!

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back