My Home Town challenge - who's in?

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are the "rules": Post photos that you feel really capture the essence of your home town/city/neck of the woods. You can post one or two each day or put them all together into one post - whatever works best for you. This challenge will start tomorrow and will run through next Friday. I'll post a separate thread for the photos but please comment here if you're planning to participate or have any suggestions to improve on the idea of the challenge.

Edit - here's the link: Home Town challenge post photos here!

Last edited:
I'll try again, just noticed I've some more lenses in my bag besides a fisheye :icon_bounce::icon_bounce::icon_bounce:

I'll try again, just noticed I've some more lenses in my bag besides a fisheye :icon_bounce::icon_bounce::icon_bounce:

Your last photos from this weeks' challenge would have been perfect for next week's!!!

Shhh....don't tell anyone...but I liked your series best of the photos from last week.

I'm in. This one will be way easier on me, haha.

I'm going to do a set for home and one shot for the work location since we spend so much time there.

Last edited:
I'm in, corn fields and inbreeding....should be groovy.

Here are the "rules": Post photos that you feel really capture the essence of your home town/city/neck of the woods. You can post one or two each day or put them all together into one post - whatever works best for you. This challenge will start tomorrow and will run through next Friday. I'll post a separate thread for the photos but please comment here if you're planning to participate or have any suggestions to improve on the idea of the challenge.

Edit - here's the link: Home Town challenge post photos here!

New photos? Or can we use previously taken photos?

Joe

New photos? Or can we use previously taken photos?

Well the goal of the challenge is to get people out shooting and give some inspiration for those that work better with an "assignment", so new is preferred BUT, if you have photos that you've already taken that you prefer to use for whatever reason, then why not?

Shhh....don't tell anyone...but I liked your series best of the photos from last week.

I'm in. This one will be way easier on me, haha.

Very nice of you to say something like this, thank you!

Your last photos from this weeks' challenge would have been perfect for next week's!!!

Clairvoyant I guess, I thought it could be interesting with a different approach, but I've decided to pass this new challenge. I was under the impression this challenge was, as you say, intended to get TPF members out shooting.
If people start to upload their old(er) pictures they're missing what this challenge is all about.
In my perception the essence of the challenge is than gone.

Sorry you feel that way. I'm thinking we should have as few rules as possible so people will participate. Since it's informal and there is no voting or prize or anything it shouldn't really matter.

I'm in, with the nifty fifty. I have a lot of learning to do on this lens. DOF and focus consistency. Thank you for these challenges.

Most reactions

Back