My home town this afternoon

altyfc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First post for a while. Here are some pictures taken this afternoon in my home town of Kendal in the UK.

kendalflood-ducks.jpg

kendalflood-sign.jpg

kendalflood-bench.jpg

Aaron

Oh, that river looks like it is leading pretty high water.
In that sequence, it seems like the shy ducks were all washed away...
No-no, not really, I do see that the two photos were taken from different places, but that was my immediate impression...

The duck frame is great! Too bad those stupid humans have to be in it.
The second frame is a knockout!!!! In my opinion the lights in the background complement the high lift perfectly. Not to mention the water flow and the sign. I love "signs"

No, the waters not normally anything like this high and rough. At its highest, it lapped up to the base of that bench. These are the highest floods in the area for at least 20 years.

Here's a couple more shots, taken the following day:

kendalflood-park.jpg

kendalflood-dogs.jpg

Aaron

Wonderful pictures, Aaron. I can understand why the ducks are hesitant to get in the water. Better toss that stick! The dogs are waiting! ;)

Thanks, guys... the dogs are my parents' dogs - I am just looking after them whilst they are on vacation. :)

Aaron

Hi altyfc,

I enjoyed the duck photo, and the one that followed very much - the intensity of the water is pretty captivating... but the dog photo - absolutely adorable. Glad I came back to this post.

Tammy

Thanks, Tammy... :D

I have a few more shots if people are interested... but I wouldn't want to bore you all!

Aaron

Most reactions

New Topics

Back