My kid and a camera

booda303

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm still a beginner and trying to take pics as often as I could but don't have the time but when I do ,my 10 year old notices and wants to learn with my camera. She has one of those polariod cams but I would like her to get a feel with my camera. My question is what setting should she learn ? Automatic or manual which I'm still trying to get familiar with.

What ever she can handle. Some catch on real quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll be surprised at how soon she'll teach you something.

My son @ZombiesniperJr has a couple of time been able to see something that I couldn't while troubleshooting an issue. He's 13 and somedays shoots circles around me.
Just give her your guidance and let her see how much she wants to learn.

Hi and welcome to the forum!
Haha - I´m with Zombiesniper (wow, didn´t know your son was just 13 - respect!!!).
Kids learn so much and sometimes so quick. As long as she enjoys what she is doing I guess she herself will want to know and learn more. The great thing is: you can never know too much. Creativity is something that helps with any future job and problem. You can never start early enough. Plus: that´s a good opportunity for you to learn too.

.. wants to learn with my camera.
Depending on your budget, you've got some choices:

Give her your (old) camera, and buy yourself a "new" one.

Give her a new camera just like yours.

Let her use THE camera until one of you decides sharing it simply won't work anymore.

Give her a camera of her own, that she helps select. (my favorite)

As as for "settings", there's always "auto" which makes pretty good pictures. If she is a learner, let her have the instruction manual, and que up some videos (that you select) about photography skills. There are plenty of free learning sites on the internet. Be selective.

I say shutter and aperture priority modes to start with. Most likely aperture priority first for still life, general portraits, etc. I would not go full on M mode till she gets a better understanding of the exposure triangle.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back