My kids are super photogenic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you like us to respond?

How would you like us to respond?
Wow...I can say I have been on several internet forums from guns to cars and this one has by far the most cocky,arrogant and ignorant responses...I guess its just the "type" or privileged little college kids or arrogant artistic type people that get into photography that just have a natural "Im better than you" attitude. How about you just dont respond hows that? Since obviously mommy didnt teach someone any manners.. .
I apologize to all for sharing pictures i took on a photography forum..God forbid..

Wow your kids so cute :)) and i think this picture not bad,Then your daughter must like that picture.

Your daughter really photogenic.

JerseyJules said:
Wow...I can say I have been on several internet forums from guns to cars and this one has by far the most cocky,arrogant and ignorant responses...I guess its just the "type" or privileged little college kids or arrogant artistic type people that get into photography that just have a natural "Im better than you" attitude. How about you just dont respond hows that? Since obviously mommy didnt teach someone any manners.. .
I apologize to all for sharing pictures i took on a photography forum..God forbid..

This coming from the guy who I assume is a self- proclaimed Guido.

Look, your kids are cute. But you didn't say whether you wanted us to give you criticism or what...

This is the Internet. We don't care about scrapbook photos of your children.

Like many have said before, this forum does not like to coddle. How am I arrogant if I just asked you what you want from us? You're the one who said that you've never taken a bad photo of your daughter, so who exactly is being arrogant.

Unless your photos have some sort of technical photographic deliberation beyond "aww what a cute kid", then frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Giving a shout out to all the privileged little college kids!

PS: judging by these photos, almost every regular poster here is better than you at photography. It's not just an attitude, it's a fact. Unless you have some quality photographs that you haven't shown us yet.

PSS: I never insinuated that I was better than you. I wasn't being a pretentious ass. I was just curious whether you wanted to be given the pampered response that I would give my 9 year old niece, or I'd you wanted to here something that's closer to the truth. Maybe I was a little bit sarcastic, so I'm sorry if you got the wrong message from my post.

But since you got all defensive, well, I'm going you my opinion in a less-than-polite form.

Good luck taking snapshots of your kids. I'm sure everyone on Facebook loves them.

Last edited:

What the hell do you think is going to happen when you post bad, over-processed snapshots of kids with ho-hum expressions, of who you show bias for to begin with?

JerseyJules said:

This coming from the guy who I assume is a self- proclaimed Guido.

Look, your kids are cute. But you didn't say whether you wanted us to give you criticism or what...

This is the Internet. We don't care about scrapbook photos of your children.

Like many have said before, this forum does not like to coddle. How am I arrogant if I just asked you what you want from us? You're the one who said that you've never taken a bad photo of your daughter, so who exactly is being arrogant.

Unless your photos have some sort of technical photographic deliberation beyond "aww what a cute kid", then frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Giving a shout out to all the privileged little college kids!

PS: judging by these photos, almost every regular poster here is better than you at photography. It's not just an attitude, it's a fact.

You know exactly what you meant with your sarcastic comment, and it was unwelcome and uncalled for. I posted pictures and joined this site to learn how to better take photographs as a hobby. Im not even an amateur photographer and have ZERO training or knowledge of the topic, I simply take pictures of what i think looks cool. Photography is probably the single most interpretive form of art there is. So if you think your photos are so great, Im glad for you...I took these with zero schooling, and an entry level Nikon Camera and guess what, they look good to me..

Your such an expert troll, then please feel free to critique these photos and how you would go about taking them better or more interpretive...

My kids make for great subjects cause they love their picture taken, especially my daughter. She is so photogenic, I have yet to take a bad picture of her.

You're posting to a photography forum filled with photographers ranging from novice to full-time pro. Don't you find it a tad presumptuous to think that you've never taken a "bad" picture of your daughter. Perhaps what you believe is "good", others might find bad. Given your response to Rexbobcat, where he asked you an extremely simple question "How would you like us to respond?" and you going bat @#$! crazy on him, I'm going to assume you want to learn why these pictures aren't "good" to the trained eye.

Fine expressions. Car in background shows carelessness in composing. Vignette is too strong. Feet are cut off but there's plenty of space above the heads.

A bit over-saturated. Patches of sky are blown out. Expressions aren't the best. But an okay shot besides that, a good memory shot.

Poor use of compositional space. Lot's of negative space to the right while you cut off your main subject at the helmet. Also, the sidewalk is very far blown.

A technically sound shot, but the expression leaves me wondering. He's also looking slightly camera left. Lot's of negative space around either side, not sure if this was a conscious composition choice, but perhaps we'd have more context for the expression with a portrait shot with the subject filling the frame.

Decent flash exposure, but bordering on harsh. Very distracting green box behind your subject. Hair in her face. Faux depth of field or blur is evidenced below her right shoulder which looks bad.

So, JerseyJules, in my estimate, your earlier claim "She is so photogenic, I have yet to take a bad picture of her" is false. Given that you've provided us with five flawed images, that I would say are "bad". Now, Mom and Dad and Facebook friends may disagree.

But know your audience. You're on a "photography" forum and you're going to hear the truth about your pictures here.

If I were you, I'd drop your piss-poor attitude and try to learn a thing or two.

What the hell do you think is going to happen when you post bad, over-processed snapshots of kids with ho-hum expressions, of who you show bias for to begin with?

Like I said, Photography is interpretive to begin with. Technical aspects aside, what you thinks looks good or is a great photo, others might not think the same. Like I said I have Zero training or schooling and do it as a hobby. Over processed, sure..So what..I have seen plenty of professional photographs that IMHO look like crap, I happen to like the look of processed photos. It might not be technically proper or within the laws or guidelines of photography, but I really dont care. I like the way my photos look and thats all that matters really....

JerseyJules said:
You know exactly what you meant with your sarcastic comment, and it was unwelcome and uncalled for. I posted pictures and joined this site to learn how to better take photographs as a hobby. Im not even an amateur photographer and have ZERO training or knowledge of the topic, I simply take pictures of what i think looks cool. Photography is probably the single most interpretive form of art there is. So if you think your photos are so great, Im glad for you...I took these with zero schooling, and an entry level Nikon Camera and guess what, they look good to me..

Your such an expert troll, then please feel free to critique these photos and how you would go about taking them better or more interpretive...

"I don't like your opinion, so you must be a troll."

You must be new to the Internet.

If I gave you honest critique right off the bat then you'd think I was trolling as well.

I can give you the critique you request in the morning. I'm on my phone and there's a lot to be said, so it'll have to wait.

Why do I even post in threads like this? I should know by now that I'm horrible at kiss-ass

Anyways - I'm going to bed. Have fun being ignorant! :)

Last edited:
My kids make for great subjects cause they love their picture taken, especially my daughter. She is so photogenic, I have yet to take a bad picture of her.

You're posting to a photography forum filled with photographers ranging from novice to full-time pro. Don't you find it a tad presumptuous to think that you've never taken a "bad" picture of your daughter. Perhaps what you believe is "good", others might find bad. Given your response to Rexbobcat, where he asked you an extremely simple question "How would you like us to respond?" and you going bat @#$! crazy on him, I'm going to assume you want to learn why these pictures aren't "good" to the trained eye.

Fine expressions. Car in background shows carelessness in composing. Vignette is too strong. Feet are cut off but there's plenty of space above the heads.

A bit over-saturated. Patches of sky are blown out. Expressions aren't the best. But an okay shot besides that, a good memory shot.

Poor use of compositional space. Lot's of negative space to the right while you cut off your main subject at the helmet. Also, the sidewalk is very far blown.

A technically sound shot, but the expression leaves me wondering. He's also looking slightly camera left. Lot's of negative space around either side, not sure if this was a conscious composition choice, but perhaps we'd have more context for the expression with a portrait shot with the subject filling the frame.

Decent flash exposure, but bordering on harsh. Very distracting green box behind your subject. Hair in her face. Faux depth of field or blur is evidenced below her right shoulder which looks bad.

So, JerseyJules, in my estimate, your earlier claim "She is so photogenic, I have yet to take a bad picture of her" is false. Given that you've provided us with three flawed images, that I would say are "bad". Now, Mom and Dad and Facebook friends may disagree.

But know your audience. You're on a "photography" forum and you're going to hear the truth about your pictures here.

If I were you, I'd drop your piss-poor attitude and try to learn a thing or two.

Your use of quotes was very hard to read, but I deciphered it. Thanks for the tips and critique. What i meant by never took a bad shot of her, is that she photographs well no matter what she is doing, I.E. very photogenic. Where most people when caught off guard, have their mouths wide open or eyes rolled back, she always looks visually perfect IMHO. I was not referring to the quote on quote, technical aspect of the photos. Like I said, I have ZERO training other than trial and error and really shoot what I like and that's all that matters since photography is subjective. And what I mean by that is for example, if a super famous professional photographer made photos that differed from what is supposed to be technically proper photography, might be considered by some genius.

At any rate, thank you for the critique of the photos, I will keep your advice in mind in the future.

Hey, who can help me out? How do I make that cool "popcorn" icon??? I WANNA' be the guy who posts it before Bitter Jeweler shows up!

JerseyJules said:

"I don't like your opinion, so you must be a troll."

You must be new to the Internet.

If I gave you honest critique right off the bat then you'd think I was trolling as well.

I can give you the critique you request in the morning. I'm on my phone and there's a lot to be said, so it'll have to wait.

Why do I even post in threads like this? I should know by now that I'm horrible at kiss-ass

Anyways - I'm going to bed. Have fun being ignorant! :)

wrong, had you critiqued them right off the bat, it would be welcomed criticism. Your comment just made you sound like a dick. I joined this site to learn how to take better pictures for my self, not for anyone else. So if I can improve how the photos look to me, that is all that matters in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back