My kids are super photogenic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even a year ago, you didn't have to be so "confident" to receive such extensive critique.

I'm kind of disappointed in the fact that members of this forum are much more worried about teaching people about humility, versus teaching people how to take better pictures.

Man, you've got to have some serious issues to grom from here:

How would you like us to respond?

...to here:

Wow...I can say I have been on several internet forums from guns to cars and this one has by far the most cocky,arrogant and ignorant responses...I guess its just the "type" or privileged little college kids or arrogant artistic type people that get into photography that just have a natural "Im better than you" attitude. How about you just dont respond hows that? Since obviously mommy didnt teach someone any manners.. .
I apologize to all for sharing pictures i took on a photography forum..God
forbid..

I haven't ever said something like this in a forum, but man... Go back to wherever you came from. This forum can be harsh sometimes, but you took it to a whole new level. Definitely not a worthy addition to the fauna we already have here.

Your kids are cute but you're not doing all that great job to show that. Pics are nice, but they're nothing but that: 'pics' or 'snapshots'.

To the rest, I don't undertand why you keep losing your time with all the long posts and detailed explanations... when you have hundreds of other members uploading work and welcoming criticism.
I mean, this right here:
:lol: I should try being uber confident and aggressive; this dude has got more feedback to one post than I got in all my threads. I guess mine don't have the :popcorn: factor.
+1

Your right. The OP is now on the ignore list. We should all do the same and let the OP go get coddled somewhere else...

Back in the day, you didn't have to be so "confident" to receive such extensive critique.

I'm kind of disappointed in the fact that members of this forum are much more worried about teaching people about humility, versus teaching people how to take better pictures.

Actually I have given up on trying to teach here at all... just gonna grab some popcorn, and kick back! ;) (Where is that IGNORE button again? lol!)

cgipson1 said:
Damn.... I think you are PRO material.. you should hang out a shingle! You obviously know a lot more than the rest of us..... :)

Seriously !! Wow every body just jump ship this is a hopeless case, we are pouring water on stone hoping for something to grow, and there is only a blockhead here. Someone we have all wasted way to much time, just ignore her post.

"As I Wander"

My regard for so many of you in this forum just skyrocketed after reading this thread. Your patience, your good advice and your willingness to help anyone is amazing. I don't need to pile on the OP in this, but sense that getting help in photography is not his goal here. I love the bluntness and honesty with your critiques and find that people who really seek knowledge are in the right place here.

Back in the day, you didn't have to be so "confident" to receive such extensive critique.

Actually I have given up on trying to teach here at all... just gonna grab some popcorn, and kick back! ;) (Where is that IGNORE button again? lol!)

Why would you ignore me? lol.

I would never ignore you, buddy! Although I will keep an eye out for the OP's work in NatGeo and Vogue!!! Be there real soon, right? lol! ::biglaugh::

Last edited:
Saying "first and foremost photography is about telling a story" is just an eloquent way of saying that you don't understand the technical aspect of photography enough to implement it.

It's good for a photo to tell a story, but if the aesthetics are boring, or un-appealing then I dot care how magnificent the story is, the photo just isn't that good.

If you want to tell a story with your photos, it had to incorporate both aesthetics and storytelling. Otherwise, it just falls flat.

I would never ignore you, buddy! Just the future pro material... although I will keep an eye out for the OP's work in NatGeo and Vogue!!! Be there real soon, right? lol!

Ah gotcha. Admittedly, the OP made me smirk so snidely as I read it, and then the explosive response to rex's post made me shake my head, still smirking. But, sooo many posts on this thread. I need to re-think my approach when going for C&C lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back