My kit lens

AlexGray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
18-105 nikon. I know its just a kit lens but I was actually impressed with it (not that i know anything). I think that its a good "walk-around" lens. Im into street photo and will be getting into surf. I also enjoy macro and some urban type stuff. What should be a next lens investment? Im thinking some sort of tele for the surf, and it might even help in my street photog. Do they make fast tele's? And, as i said im new, so i think i used "fast" right there. By fast i mean good zoom with low (high) Aperature, so i can shoot at high speed while not under exposing.

I think I used 'walk-around' right too. By that I meant good for...walking around :lol: Its got decent zoom and can focus up pretty close too.

Please forgive my noobism :blushing::blushing::blushing:

Try something like a 70-200 f/2.8 that is a fast lens and is double what you have now maybe not tele enough for surf but a pretty good lens

Last edited:
18-105 nikon. I know its just a kit lens but I was actually impressed with it (not that i know anything). I think that its a good "walk-around" lens. Im into street photo and will be getting into surf. I also enjoy macro and some urban type stuff. What should be a next lens investment? Im thinking some sort of tele for the surf, and it might even help in my street photog. Do they make fast tele's? And, as i said im new, so i think i used "fast" right there. By fast i mean good zoom with low (high) Aperature, so i can shoot at high speed while not under exposing.

I think I used 'walk-around' right too. By that I meant good for...walking around :lol: Its got decent zoom and can focus up pretty close too.

Please forgive my noobism :blushing::blushing::blushing:

Hey no problem. You may want to look at a Sigma 200-500mm lens if you are going to do surf images, which will effectively give you a 300-750mm (35mm) format lens.

For surf photography you're gonna need something like this: AF-S Nikkor 600mm f/4G ED VR

lol lol
One of our shooting buddies shoots surf meets here and uses the EF 600mm f/4.0L IS USM + 2x EF Extender (see post #98 in this thread for a picture) and his pictures have made it into some surf magazines. He's the guy on the far left with the dark long sleeved t-shirt...real nice guy and a real Canon gear freak. I think that's his 1D Mk III on the 600mm. And no, I'm not in the shot, I couldn't make it to this meet.

Most reactions

Back