My last ever roll of HIE:

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I decided it's only fitting seeing how it was the last roll I had, I couldn't find another in Australia anywhere, and it was Anzac day here too, that I shoot this roll of film in the local cemetery.

In Gods Car: (Check the larger version on flicker to see why it's called that)
2479741514_700607b218.jpg

Military Graves:
2479741520_9ab2fabc84.jpg

They are watching:
2479741524_d0de5cb565.jpg

Finally an infrared portrait. Its a shame I missjudged the focus here because I was shooting from the hip. I really liked the effect that Kodak HIE gave on portraits
2479741528_fa2244e640.jpg

I am really going to miss this film. :(

Some great shots. I really like 2 & 3.

Its a shame that Kodak discontinued this film earlier this year. Seems like all the great films are going the way of the dodo.

Very fitting that you shot your last roll in a cemetary.

Thou, if you look you will see this film is still around on Ebay if you deciede you need a quick fix of HIE sometime in the near future.

Yeah ebay Australia has none anymore, and I'll be damned if I'm going to spend $20US + $10US on a roll of film from america. Plus waiting weeks for postage from the states isn't what I consider a quick fix.

I need to look around and find some other infrared films. I guess when the last one kicks the bucket i'm having at my D200 with the screwdriver and converting it.

A film I used to like a lot went belly up before Kodak and that was Konica 750...used to buy it in 120 format. It was mush easier to handle than Kodak and great for portrait....I have heard it also can be had from the US, again expensive. This is why I converted my camera.

2 is my personal favorite. I love the background, and how everything pops out. I also like the glow of the shrubs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back