My latest happy accidents

reznap

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a few recent pics. Feel like I've been talking too much and not posting enough. Critique would be somewhat good right now as I feel I've done well on these but also know I have a long way to go.

I got my radio trigger for my flash so I can use it wherever wireless-ly but haven't had a chance to use it yet. So, coming soon I guess.

All pics taken with Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 (I like it too much to dismount).

#1 - nearby pond, taken at like 7 AM I think..
In a frame sized crop (shorter) I think I'd cut the bottom off until it became an 8x10 or something..
lakebyschool.jpg

#2 - friendly butterflies
bfliesonflower.jpg

#3 - daughter, on-camera flash used
Could crop this down some but I like it wide for some reason..
bellafountainfall.jpg

Last edited:
#1 is not showing for me idk why lol however I do like 2 and I agree than #3 looks good wide

Thanks, yeah... photobucket's acting weird. Not sure - seems to be the whole internet tonight. Apocalypse coming early maybe..

What trigger did you get?

Cheap cowboystudio ones. I think they were $30? They're very basic and I'll get better ones when I break them or something. Only have one flash right now so no need to get too fancy.. Also can add another receiver, or three? I think I can fire 4 flashes with the transmitter simultaneously. Flashes are so powerful - it's amazing.. bounced off the ceiling they'll fill a whole room with diffused light (don't care if I sound like a noob I just never knew..).

What trigger did you get?

Cheap cowboystudio ones. I think they were $30? They're very basic and I'll get better ones when I break them or something. Only have one flash right now so no need to get too fancy.. Also can add another receiver, or three? I think I can fire 4 flashes with the transmitter simultaneously. Flashes are so powerful - it's amazing.. bounced off the ceiling they'll fill a whole room with diffused light.

Thanks for the info.

Wish I could see the photos...they're not loading for me.

the photos...they're not loading for me.

(removed double posted images cause photobucket seems to be better now?)

Got em up on flickr - sry for double posting these :(

Last edited:
love the photo's !

only thing that seem to distract me from your daughter are the bright flower on top.. my eyes keep going up and away from her other wise i like the water fall back ground!

nice photos, I like. #1 seems a little dark in leftside and #3 on both sides but still great captures to me. #2 seems too easy for you, very nice tho.

I darkened #3 on the sides a bit.. hmm. Thanks for your thoughts!

These look really nice. I think on the first and last ones you could probably play with them a bit in post to bring them out a bit-- in the last one in particular it seems a touch underexposed on your daughter-- a bit of dodging to bring her out would be nice I think.

Here's another of the two butterflies. Really liked it for some reason. I don't like the background on this but the focus is better (deeper plane of focus) because I was further away mainly...

bfliesonflowerdiffangle.jpg

And I took pbe's advice on the darkness in the pond shot.. good call on that one btw.
lakebyschool2.jpg

Hope it doesn't look overcooked now..

If the transmitter you got from Cowboy Studios has 4 channels, you can trigger as many speedlights as you have receivers for that are set to the same channel as the transmitter.

They have 4 channels so 4 photographers can work in the same general area without triggering each others speedlights.

The most I've triggered at one time with inexpensive Chinese triggers was 18 speedlights.

Most reactions

Back