immel12.jpg

immel11.jpg

immel3.jpg

immel2.jpg

immel10.jpg

immel9.jpg

immel8.jpg

immel7.jpg

13. Brides dad. (he's gonna kill me. lol)
immel6.jpg

immel5.jpg

15. This is only neat because of the sunset reflection...
immel4.jpg

immel1.jpg

Doug Raflik

I think photo #8 is my absolute favorite. I think if you did some dodging and burning in the clouds, the photo would be even better! Good Job with that one though!

I think you over did it with the softening in my opinion, however that is just my opinion, it kinda looks like some may have been slightly out of focus, and the softening was to hide it... not sure, but thats the feeling I got from some of them....

Hey, I was wondering if you used the Ortan effect or what technique did you use for photo 12? Just wondering.

the very soft look makes my eyes feel like they are playing tricks on me. especially in the bridesmaid picture.
cant really give you proper c+c (dont know if you wanted it anyway) as I am not experienced enough.
looks like a nice set though

The groom looks so small and like he is in his fathers tux.

See how awesome the first image looks, its sharpness and contrast. It might be a tiny bit oversharpened because you can kinda see haloing around the church/sky but however I think you should stick to that. No more gaussian blur.

See how awesome the first image looks, its sharpness and contrast. It might be a tiny bit oversharpened because you can kinda see haloing around the church/sky but however I think you should stick to that. No more gaussian blur.

I never sharpen any of my pictures. I think I exposed the pic for the sky and them dodged the church afterwards and may have brushed the sky a tad.

I like the Gaussian blur as it gives wedding pics that dreamy look, and it helps hide minor blemishes. I dont do it to many pics. Its just the ones I think look best and artsy that I do it to, and those are the ones I usually share on here. Clients love it, cause all the other shots they got from Uncle Joe and Aunt kate are just plain looking pictures with no effects.

Doug Raflik

The first method in that link is actually what I do. I just choose to keep the rest of the picture blurred as well. Just personal taste I guess. I always erase the eyes, and mouth, and run a 50% erase over the nose. Then if earings or the brides crown are showing I will erase them as well. In regular portrait photography I will only leave the skin blurred. Thanks for the link as it shows some other options.

Doug Raflik

if its jjust blemishes you want to hide, then use the clone tool or the heal tool

the link I would sayis a good technique but don't use it so strongly-lower opacities down because that skin looks like it has lost all texture at 100% opacity around the hair line looks kinda dodgy in that first picture in the link

They all look fine to me

Most reactions

Back