My latest wedding...

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by Mindii, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Mindii

Mindii TPF Noob!

and also my first photo posting on this forum...I hope I havent gone overboard and posted too many pics...:er:

I would like to add that I don't do a lot of weddings, and am still learning so any critique is more than welcome...feel free to make suggestions on what I should have or haven't done...:wink:

1. [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

6. [​IMG]

7. [​IMG]

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Oh, I really like the open and uninhibited smiles (more laughs than smiles) of the bridesmaids! Those reflect the atmosphere of happiness so well!

I am totally uncertain about the bride's smile in Photo 3, though...
    It does not look quite as genuine to me...

Wedding photo sessions on the beach are always funny, which shows in the second photo here, which I personally like best, and Photo 1 is also nice ... isn't that an almost classic pose by now? (I am not familiar with THE WEDDING PHOTO myself, mind). But I am not so sure about the composition, is it so very centred on purpose? I think I would crop this differently to lose some of the sky... but that is just me...

Oh, and by the way and before I forget:

Welcome to ThePhotoForum! :D

3. Xmetal

Xmetal TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    A-w-e-s-o-m-e pictures. :D

4. Mindii

Mindii TPF Noob!

Thanks guys...and you are right La Photo shot number 3 was one of the first ones that I took so the poor girl wasn't relaxed as yet...

Oh the laughing bridesmaids...yes it seemed they liked my sense of humour...I quite like them though as it shows the fun they had on the day...

and the beach shot was centred in purpose but I did take it from a few different angles...as well as some closer shots...I posted this one though as I'm lazy and it was the already resized for the web...lol

Thank you both for your comments!! (and the welcome!)

5. ShootHoops

ShootHoops TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    These are all great. I especially like #1 and #7.

6. jemmy

jemmy TPF Noob!

Hi... not sure what happened here - i thought i posted a reply yesterday but maybe not!!?? These are beautiful shots! My fave is #5 as it looks a bit 'high-key-ish' which i L O V E! Also love #1 for its simplicity & #2 for its character plus the laughing maids really envelopes the emotion of the day. Great job!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you'll love this forum - welcome xx PS.. cant wait for my 1st real wedding one day - very inspired and busy doing 'practice' shoots before i mess with the 'real-deal' xx PS>> keen to know what gear you used - camera/lenses??

7. Mindii

Mindii TPF Noob!

Thanks you also to Thefinisher and Jemmy...

Jemmy...yes I was lucky to be able salvage number 5...the background wasnt so nice so I had a play in photoshop and this is the end result....
    The forum looks great...extra friendly and helpfull as well...the ideal mix for a great photgraphy forum.
    I use a Canon 20D with the basic kit lenses...and I also have a 100mm macro lens.
    If wedding photography is what you want to do then you will get there one day...I saw some of your threads yesterday and you have some fab shots....I have sort of fallen into it...and as I have said am still new at it myself...basically it is more a means to update my equipment than anything else...
    I see you live in Queensland...anywhere near me? I'm between Brissie and the Gold Coast.

8. fotogenik

fotogenik TPF Noob!

Some tone matching of her teeth in number 3 would help that shot. Something seems unnaturally yellow about her teeth in that shot. It could simply be the stark whiteness of the dress causing any discoloration to stand out tho....

9. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    In three and four the bride has no eyes, otherwise they look very nice. You might have wanted to use your strobe light even outside.

10. EJBPhoto

EJBPhoto TPF Noob!

one is GORGEOUS. Love the sky.

11. MommyOf4Boys

MommyOf4Boys TPF Noob!

These are wonderful. I absolutely love #7..the sharpness of your photos really make them stand out!

12. Mindii

Mindii TPF Noob!

Yes I did realise that the eye's are a little too dark in the outside shots...and your right I should have used a bit of fill flash and I will be sure to remember next time though. :)

I can see the brides eye's ok on my monitor in shot number 3 though they may be a little bit too dark...can you really not see any eyes in that shot?

Thanks again to everyone who has commented.