TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.higg.co.uk
:wink: :lol:

2 shots from the same day...
1st shot... on the good side of the barrier
drag1.jpg

definately the best of the bunch but it's lost a lot thanks to my stone-age scanner... not happy with the light though... the dark bits are too dark and the light bits are too bright...

2nd shot.. after i got shouted at and told to get in the 'public spectating area'
drag2.jpg

I guess this shot would have been better without the chainlink fence but hey.. that's why i'm registering as a freelance photographer at the next meet, so i can get on the other side of it!
I'm thinking a tighter shot on the wheel might be better? (ie crop out the people)
..and maybe a shorter exposure so the wheels don't blur as much? and the smoke would look more 'solid' too...

Anyone have any thoughts? :?

MmmmmmoPars!

Nice use of DOF on the first shot. It helps the GTX stand out nicely. It's the perfect angle, too, except for the reflection on the side of the car washing things out.

I agree about the crop and shutter speed on the second. You could crop down this one, but the fence is rather distracting.

BTW, for the Critique forum, I think we are doing only one pic unless it's an "either/or" thing, and only one post per day. Otherwise it can go in the regular Gallery forum.

ok sorry. I'll remember that. :) The two posts i submitted (with two in each) will be the only posts for a couple of weeks anyway... until i get my next film done and developed...

Thanks for your help. I was really annoyed i got stuck behind that fence. ah well. :)

1st shot is the best :)
Crop it a lot tighter on the car to lose some of the distraction in the background.
Where was it New York Raceway?

New York? :lol:
very very OLD and rubbish York Raceway, near Elvington... It's a shame really.... it could be nice if only Steve Murty would put some money back into the strip and got some new tarmac and facilities..
\
\
\
\
off on a tangent... did you ever go to Busperience there Boswell?

Nice pics. They look a little grainy though. It works for these pics, but just curious if it was intentional. As far as the chain link...use a telephoto lens with a short DOF and those links will all but disappear like magic.

all my photos seem to be grainy and i don't know why?
they get developed at a high street 1 hour processing place if that's got anything to do with it?
do i always manage to use the wrong type of film?
I'll have another look for what film is best under which circumstance...

boswell said:
1st shot is the best :)
Crop it a lot tighter on the car to lose some of the distraction in the background.
Where was it New York Raceway?

Could you elaborate on the crop and explain exactly where the crop would be?

ThanX

I'd try just losing the guy at the right in front of the fire truck lessensing the height maybe giving impressing of the car having leapt towards the veiwer.

You can't get rid of the guy completely without losing some of the car. Plus the crop is already fairly close on that side. I think I'd rather see the whole guy than half of one, personally.

In referrence to the first pic, the car is the primary interrest and the smokey burnout is needed to compliment the car. The back ground and the truck and the guy on the right margin are all distractions. My opinion is that the pic could still be a photo if it were photoshopped to blur the backround and the truck that are in contention with the car for attention.

The only important elements here are the car and the smoke from the burnout. Anything else that is left too recognizable will detract from the total impact of the photo.

The Rebel
Pilot of:
1998 Ram Air(400 HP, 12.89 seconds/110.9 MPH best track time), Ford 9-inch rearend with detroit locker, 411:1 Richmond gears.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back