My lens path

belial

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Brand new here but been lurking and reading a while.

Anyways been loving photography for several years. Mainly had Sony point and shoots but wanted an SLR as early as 2008. Finally this year I decided I was going to take the leap. Everyone told me go only nikon or canon. I went canon because I was able to find a good all in one kit for a t1i which though was a little old I figured would be good enough after much research.

My kit came with the basic everything camera memory card two batteries gadget bag and the 18-55 kit as well as the 55-250 kit. I the bought the 50mn 1.8 for a little better quality low light capability and an intro into experimenting with creative blur

Anyways. Here is the plan I laid out for myself and am open to criticism. Most is a compromise because my shots tend to be outdoors in sunny environment and because of some cash limitations and he list is kind of more or less in the order I was intending of acquiring each lens

17-40 f/4l
70-200f/4l (no is)
35mmf/2 (im really undecided at such an old lens that needs an update but the L seems out of reach
Efs60mm macro
85mmf/1.8
And last a lens I've heard great praises about
135L

I think your list of equipment sounds pretty good. 17-40 first, 70-200/4 next, 35/2 third--ALL seem like good choices. Now I need to check on kundalini's video link!

Like with everything, start at the beginning and make progressive steps forwards. if you find you are not getting the shots you want from the equipment you have, change it for something else. Ebay is generally a good place to get your kit sorted to the spec you want and also there are plenty of 2nd hand camera stores all over the world. Most will have something in your line to try out for a minimal cost (just check for lens mold on older lenses).

Futurelight said:
Like with everything, start at the beginning and make progressive steps forwards. if you find you are not getting the shots you want from the equipment you have, change it for something else. Ebay is generally a good place to get your kit sorted to the spec you want and also there are plenty of 2nd hand camera stores all over the world. Most will have something in your line to try out for a minimal cost (just check for lens mold on older lenses).

Just like how I managed to get a 24-70mm f2.8L USM canon lense for exactly $1000 new plus shipping from eBay;)

Thanks for the help guys. I've got a few pros guiding me. Main issue is most are Nikon fans and the main canon guy while the best photographer of the group is as he termed it a prime snob. Great video btw.

Most reactions

Back