My Life, the rollercoaster

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by vonnagy, Apr 15, 2004.

1. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I haven't been posting too much lately because my life as been quite mad this year. I just reflecting how up and down my life has been since january.

In January my car broke down again 2 weeks after fixing it for $2000. I sold it in auction for $1300. :?

One of my best mates moves to Wellington :?

I am a festering corpse in the movie "Stringer" 8)

I bought a new mafioso style car at the beginning of february 8)

Soon afters I get laser surgery for my eyes I can see like never before :D

After those expenditures, I can barely pay rent :?

My boss tells me the company is going out of business, to look for a new job by the end of the month :cry:

Another close friend of mind moves from Auckland to Napier :?

I get 2 interviews right off the bat, the next day 2 rejections :cry:

As march approaches my boss extends my contract to the end of April :D

I take some of my best photos this month :D

My tamron lens develops mold on it :?

In one week I get 7 interviews! :D

One job 'teases' me with very high paying job offer then doesn't contact me, i later find out they hire some with less experience for less pay :?

I sell my first three photos for $30 a piece :D

April rolls around, I buy a new wide angle lens :D

2 jobs duke it out for me, after a very tough decision I manage to choose one - though it was a very very very tough decision :)

My very very very best mate moves to Korea :cry:

I discover some awesome new places in NZ to take photos: Tawharanua Penisula, Pakiri Beach, Tapora and Bayleys Beach. :thumbsup:

I hit a huge pothole and damage the undercarriage of my mafioso car on one of the above trips :cry:

2. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Wow! Quite an eventful year for you! Glad everything seems to be going good and you have a new job :thumbsup:

3. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm just glad you're able to hang in; I know you didn't want to come back here. :wink:

When you hit Georgia again for a visit, we'll meet for that beer, and share some more war stories - promise! :D

4. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

Wow Mark, that is serious up and down ness. I am glad you are still on the up swing, car aside... I hope it'll be ok. ;)

Congrats on the new job! Let us know how it goes once you start! :)

5. Harpper

Harpper TPF Noob!

Talk about a dramtic year you've been having. It's good to hear that things are picking up for you, Mark. I was getting curious as to why you weren't posting as much. I thought terri might have scared you away. :wink: You know I'm kiding terri. It's more of the opposite. You set your self up with the "I know you didn't want to come back here" comment. :wink:

6. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Some people get all the fun! :wink:
    Hope it all works out for you Mark!

7. Osmer_Toby

Osmer_Toby TPF Noob!

some serious vicissitudes, my man. you are all about good energy, tho, Mark, so i have confidence that in the end, all will work out. i read this post a couple days ago and have thought about it a couple times since; what my wandering mind has always come back to is the fact that you have one hell of a lot going for you- and you're a super cool dude, too. just think how boring life would be without the downs to let us appreciate the ups? one of my favorite poet/philosophers, khalil gibran, wrote that the human soul is like the potter's vessel- the deeper our sorrow/pain hollows us, the more capacity we then have for love and goodness. it's the old yin/yang, thing, right voods?

8. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Here = USA. :p Turns out Mark & I are kinda neighbors, so if he had ended up coming home to the sunny south I'd have had an instant photog buddy. :cheer: It would have been great for me, but his heart belongs to NZ now. So of course that's where he needs to be. :D

9. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Photos NOT OK to edit
    thanks for that toby, i am familar khalil gibran, he is a wonderful poet. Thanks for those words, it means alot to me. Its amazingly true how hardship really makes you appreciate your friends, your passions (in my case photography) and a functional vehicle :lol:

I've had a helluva emotional year this year, there have been so many twists and turns. Even though I try to maintain a steady course its been alot for me to handle. I gave up everything I had in the States to start a life here, and it certainly hasn't been easy but it sure as hell been worth it!

But yeah, I can say my life is not boring! I appreciate everyone here on this board, though I haven't met them.. i feel like they are family to me :) And of course, I am still waiting for some of you folks to visit me here in lil' ol NZ :)

And terri darls, when I visit my family in "good ol' georgia" (spoken with my best attempt at a southern drawl) we'll be sure to go on a photo shoot :)

latest news: it only cost $15 to fix my car :shock:, hrrrm maybe another road trip 2morrow?

I start my new job May 3rd :)