My Life, the rollercoaster

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't been posting too much lately because my life as been quite mad this year. I just reflecting how up and down my life has been since january.

In January my car broke down again 2 weeks after fixing it for $2000. I sold it in auction for $1300. :?

One of my best mates moves to Wellington :?

I am a festering corpse in the movie "Stringer" 8)

I bought a new mafioso style car at the beginning of february 8)

Soon afters I get laser surgery for my eyes I can see like never before :D

After those expenditures, I can barely pay rent :?

My boss tells me the company is going out of business, to look for a new job by the end of the month :cry:

Another close friend of mind moves from Auckland to Napier :?

I get 2 interviews right off the bat, the next day 2 rejections :cry:

As march approaches my boss extends my contract to the end of April :D

I take some of my best photos this month :D

My tamron lens develops mold on it :?

In one week I get 7 interviews! :D

One job 'teases' me with very high paying job offer then doesn't contact me, i later find out they hire some with less experience for less pay :?

I sell my first three photos for $30 a piece :D

April rolls around, I buy a new wide angle lens :D

2 jobs duke it out for me, after a very tough decision I manage to choose one - though it was a very very very tough decision :)

My very very very best mate moves to Korea :cry:

I discover some awesome new places in NZ to take photos: Tawharanua Penisula, Pakiri Beach, Tapora and Bayleys Beach. :thumbsup:

I hit a huge pothole and damage the undercarriage of my mafioso car on one of the above trips :cry:

Wow! Quite an eventful year for you! Glad everything seems to be going good and you have a new job :thumbsup:

I'm just glad you're able to hang in; I know you didn't want to come back here. :wink:

When you hit Georgia again for a visit, we'll meet for that beer, and share some more war stories - promise! :D

Wow Mark, that is serious up and down ness. I am glad you are still on the up swing, car aside... I hope it'll be ok. ;)

Congrats on the new job! Let us know how it goes once you start! :)

Talk about a dramtic year you've been having. It's good to hear that things are picking up for you, Mark. I was getting curious as to why you weren't posting as much. I thought terri might have scared you away. :wink: You know I'm kiding terri. It's more of the opposite. You set your self up with the "I know you didn't want to come back here" comment. :wink:

Some people get all the fun! :wink:
Hope it all works out for you Mark!

some serious vicissitudes, my man. you are all about good energy, tho, Mark, so i have confidence that in the end, all will work out. i read this post a couple days ago and have thought about it a couple times since; what my wandering mind has always come back to is the fact that you have one hell of a lot going for you- and you're a super cool dude, too. just think how boring life would be without the downs to let us appreciate the ups? one of my favorite poet/philosophers, khalil gibran, wrote that the human soul is like the potter's vessel- the deeper our sorrow/pain hollows us, the more capacity we then have for love and goodness. it's the old yin/yang, thing, right voods?

I thought terri might have scared you away. You know I'm kiding terri. It's more of the opposite. You set your self up with the "I know you didn't want to come back here" comment.

Here = USA. :p Turns out Mark & I are kinda neighbors, so if he had ended up coming home to the sunny south I'd have had an instant photog buddy. :cheer: It would have been great for me, but his heart belongs to NZ now. So of course that's where he needs to be. :D

Osmer_Toby said:
some serious vicissitudes, my man. you are all about good energy, tho, Mark, so i have confidence that in the end, all will work out. i read this post a couple days ago and have thought about it a couple times since; what my wandering mind has always come back to is the fact that you have one hell of a lot going for you- and you're a super cool dude, too. just think how boring life would be without the downs to let us appreciate the ups? one of my favorite poet/philosophers, khalil gibran, wrote that the human soul is like the potter's vessel- the deeper our sorrow/pain hollows us, the more capacity we then have for love and goodness. it's the old yin/yang, thing, right voods?

thanks for that toby, i am familar khalil gibran, he is a wonderful poet. Thanks for those words, it means alot to me. Its amazingly true how hardship really makes you appreciate your friends, your passions (in my case photography) and a functional vehicle :lol:

I've had a helluva emotional year this year, there have been so many twists and turns. Even though I try to maintain a steady course its been alot for me to handle. I gave up everything I had in the States to start a life here, and it certainly hasn't been easy but it sure as hell been worth it!

But yeah, I can say my life is not boring! I appreciate everyone here on this board, though I haven't met them.. i feel like they are family to me :) And of course, I am still waiting for some of you folks to visit me here in lil' ol NZ :)

And terri darls, when I visit my family in "good ol' georgia" (spoken with my best attempt at a southern drawl) we'll be sure to go on a photo shoot :)

latest news: it only cost $15 to fix my car :shock:, hrrrm maybe another road trip 2morrow?

I start my new job May 3rd :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back