My lucky night!

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had to play for the 10th Anniversary of Fight Night, a celebrity fund raising chaired by Muhammad Ali and dedicated to finding a cure for Parkinson's disease. I didn't have any ideas of whom I might be able to see, let alone talk to, took my Canon Elph along. I got lucky, very lucky!!!

First I met Evander Holyfield, he chatted with us, the few musicians back stage, also allowed me to pose next to him and gave me an autograph! Oh, BTW, his ear looks fine and we did talk about some whooping he administered to Mike Tyson twice. :lol:

About ten feet away, seated, a baseball legend of legends, Willie Mays himself, wearing a sharp tuxedo and a lovely SF Giants baseball cap! Looking great, despite his age. I shook hands with him and he gave me his autograph as well.

Barry Bonds was nearby as well as Shaquille O'Neal. Then I saw Muhammad Ali, he looked tired and shaking quite a bit more than before but still doing the posing and a bit of his famous shuffling of the feet. Jesse Ventura was also near him, sporting a beard and looking on the tired side.

Musically speaking, we performed with Brian McKnight (amazing), with Kevin Bacon and his brother, with a 14 year lady Renee Olmsted (future star, I give her a year to be on the top charts), and with the grand dame of songs, Celine Dion. At the end I asked her autograph and she gave it to me! I'm on ninth cloud... :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

I cannot believe the luck I had!!! Sorry for bragging about this... :roll:

:D

Congratulations, what incredible good fortune!
Just one small point, I won't believe you until I see the pics!

mrsid99 said:
Congratulations, what incredible good fortune!
Just one small point, I won't believe you until I see the pics!

Just leaving to develop the roll!... :D :D

Wow, what a night. Sounds like everyone was friendly. Too funny about Willie Mays with a tuxedo and baseball cap!

Not Neve said:
Wow, what a night. Sounds like everyone was friendly. Too funny about Willie Mays with a tuxedo and baseball cap!

Yes, they were, even Muhammad Ali posed next to a colleague of mine, faking a jab to his jaw.

What I thought was very funny, big guys like Evander, Barry Bonds, Shaq and Jesse Ventura were sporting guards. It's not like they couldn't defend themselves if needed! I guess the guards were guarding us so we don't get too close and eventually file a suit if one of the big guys decided to take a swing at us.

Most reactions

Back