my macro shots with kit lens..

croomaniac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi all, these are my macro shots with kit lens.. i'm using Sony A200 with 1870 kitlens.. C&C Welcomed..

#1 among the many
2432928384_50254ab92c_o.jpg

#2 the purple 1
2432928376_dd7a359962_o.jpg

#3 i wanna grow up
2432097965_de9da6612e_o.jpg

#4 the orangie
2432097943_f05c4d639f_o.jpg

#5 the purple 2
2432097933_58551d82c6_o.jpg

#6 the yellowish
2432097919_f2f7ab28d6_o.jpg

hmmm, nice and all, but everyone does flowers, all look a bit samey after a while. no 3 is kinda nice

thanks! hehe.. somehow, everyone is doing flowers and bugs! somehow bugs irritate me though ;-p

Lol - not had the opportunity to go for bugs, seen some nice ones though.
I've been trying macros lately too, but i think it's pretty neat how you get so close as I seem not to be getting that close at the minute using the kit lens on mine

See how in the yellow flower the edges are obvious and the others are almost blended? Even some of the edges are sort of blurry looking?

By soft they mean not sharp. My take on soft is the highlights, edges, faces, are almost faded in a way instead of crisp.

Another way I look at soft is if I could pull an object out of the picture it would come out by itself. When its soft its almost pulling the same object would pull the whole image.

I cant' really describe it other than not as crisp/sharp.

Per these pictures though it looks like the autofocus was centered somewhere other than the entire flower causing the softness. If you look at part of all the shots there's a really sharp section in all.

They were not sure what soft meant...its as easy as that. Easiest way I could describe it was not sharp. The edges were not as obvious, etc.

I think its just a focusing issue. There's really sharp parts to all the shots.

They look sharp to me. There's very little depth of field at the long end and at close focus, even stopped down. Most of the softness I see is due to just plain being out of the focus plane.

hi all! thanks for your comment :) the fact that it is being soft is that after i resized it, i saved it with the quality of 7, that is why i thin kit kinda soft.. in the first picture, i do think that my camera focuses the flower on the right compared to the centre.. on pic no 5, i do think that i shouldn't took same colour background for the same coloured subject.. it will somehow confuse the viewer? nway thanks for the comment! appreciate it! :)

soft meaning not tack sharp, sharp being like the hairs on no 3 being very define and sharp.

soft is the edges are kind of blurred a little..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back