My man and his ride :)

woojiebear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First sportsbike photo attempt!

I'm happy with them because he was suuuper stoked! yay :)
let me know what you think!
18copy.jpg

19.jpg

Technically the images are fine.

Get any shots of the side that talks?

I think there's just a lot of interest lost looking at peoples backs. We're geared from birth to find faces, even helmeted faces, more interesting.

I like the colors on the exhaust. Not something you see very often.

haha thanx
it's his baby ;)

ya we tried doing a head on shot but there were too many shadows that day.
eventually we'll do a head on knee down shot and one from the inside corner for a side profile. then he'll have a 3 photo series.
for now...its from the back baby :p

thanks very much!

Nice shot. Maybe a side shot in the future? Keep up the good work.

Love the B&W wide angle. The wide angle gives plenty of road (and plenty of curve :D) for him to be riding into. Works well with the shot from behind.

The crop for the 2nd one gets lost due to the from-behind location and no where for the rider to be going. Also, the first thing that my eye was drawn to was the back tire and lack of movement in it. You can see the tire tread too easily with it shot at 1/1000 sec. It isn't as noticable with the wide angle crop of the first image.

Yup, the shot from behind with the wide angle doesn't bother me in the least. I see lots of fun coming up as he flicks from the left lean to the right up ahead. It's a great capture.

Hmm, I thought it was the same image, but with a different crop (and color processing). Exif tells differently.

The first one i really like because of the b+w and the fact that you can see the rest of the curves in the road. I think the colour one suffers because you've cropped out too much of his "path" so the eye just sees a bike in midstance, no direction

I'm not a fan of B&W but that first one works well for me. And I have no probs with the composure of the second either, my eye starts at the tyre, then up to the bike, then over his left shoulder onto the road ahead. It is borderline maybe, but as there is a shadow on the road to his right I don't think you'd want to get any closer on that side, so maybe a pixel or 2 off the bottom and 10 or so added to the left, but my first impression was not that the shot was cramped. And I do see a little tyre movement so that doesn't bother me too much either, with such bright light I think it's important to capture the outlines perfectly, really freeze the action, any blur in the guy or the bike would, in my mind, clash with the lighting somehow. If any of that makes any sense ;) And the colours are great, and you got two little "blings" on the exhaust pipes :D

I really like the black and white version. Only thing is that the whole left side of the frame seems a bit over exposed.

Good pics...

tell him to work on his body position though - terrible form, he can work that bike and those tires a LOT better.

Good pics...

tell him to work on his body position though - terrible form, he can work that bike and those tires a LOT better.

LOL, I was thinking the same, but decided to shut up :)

basically slide off more, lower your upper torso and bring it to inside and get your head where your inside mirror should be

Most reactions

New Topics

Back