My Mom went digital without a clue...

Ooh, Ooh, Ooh...something I forgot to mention about my Mom and some reasoning of why I was wanting to "upgrade" her original camera choice. At age 70 she has started painting. I have been much more than impressed with her abilities. A creative eye has begun to open, wiping the many years of sleep away, and has is now seeing the world in a new light. I am guessing she may transfer that creativity energy towards an additional media. One benefits the other.

yes, I've also been considering this for future investment. One of those Powershot G9s or whatever would be amazing to just carry around...

Thats what I do... For a long time, I carried as a second camera a G1 P&S.. recently moved up to a G5 for about $120 on ebay. Lovely camera (G5).. decent glass.. uses the same flashpacks as my DSLR.. Same battery.. same media. I don't see myself going past the G6...

You can't take wonderful pictures if you don't have a camera with you.

At age 70 she has started painting. I have been much more than impressed with her abilities. I am guessing she may transfer that creativity energy towards an additional media.

My house badly needs painting. Where does your mom live? I will supply paint.

Gotta tell ya Traveler, it's not worth the wait. I have been stewing for weeks now and all she's completed so far is one bedroom and the half bath. There's another bedroom, another bath, the kitchen and cupboards. Oh, and don't even start with me on the exterior. I really wish I had just thrown a dart at the Yellow Pages.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back