My Nephew CC Please

mandabec

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This picture is basically unedited as I am still learning my way around PS. Feel free to CC

JTD1.jpg

Nice composition but shoot him out of the direct sun to avoid squinting and blowing out his face.

Here is another one out of the sun. This has had no PP.
IMG_3439.jpg

Wow no comments? Here, I'll give it a shot. I'll comment on the second picture.
  • Separate him from the background a bit...pull him a ways away from it, so that you can set your aperture large and get the blurred background effect.
  • Leaning on something is good
  • Maybe turn his body farther, but still have his eyes look at the camera.
  • ah the flash shadow... Once you pull him away from the background, the shadow probably won't be as noticeable...it'll get blurred into the background (just set your aperture big). If you do a lot of shots in close spaces, you should look into a diffuser or bouncing that light to soften it so shadows won't be as harsh.
  • fix his shirt at his waist. It's a bit distracting.
First picture: good... but as mentioned, use a fill flash or bounce that sunlight to your advantage.

Both shots... try not to center him in the picture. Doing this makes for poor composition, and somewhat bland photos. You'd be surprised how big of a difference it would make if you moved him away from the center.

thanks for the help here is another remember these are unedited feel free to play around.

IMG_3461.jpg

Lol...
That last one is the best of the three.
#1, the lighting is too harsh on his face, maybe the skin tones are a bit pink..dunno.
#2, I think the scene was too dark for flash to light everything adequately, flash shadows are a bit ropey, could do with multiple flash sources or good allround diffused lighting.
#3, is fairly good, still a bit flashy but most of the shadows are masked by body parts/whatever.
By far the very worst bit of the last two photo's is....and I'm no fashion guru, but.....thats a seriously tragic piece of knitwear the poor fellas been made to wear, good lightings never gonna save that:mrgreen:

ok, here's another.

DIFFERENT ANGLES and CLOSEUPS...

anybody with a camera can probably take these pics. Just by saying,
1) "ok sit on this ledge and smile"
2) "ok put your hand on the rock and smile"
3) "ok hug the tree and smile"

try different angles and closeups, and then post your results. Angles and closeups are super fun! Enjoy, and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

ah, and as Joxby said... that sweater...

Here's a rough edit. Blurred a bit, cropped a bit, color tones warmed up a bit, levels tweaked a bit, vignetting, and shirt tucked in.

littlekid.jpg

Most reactions

Back