My new 1D!

rdompor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I admit that I've already been bragging on the POTN forums, but I figured that I've been here longer and I should do the same for you guys. :D

My 1d MkII came in this morning just as I was stepping out for my 12pm lecture. Needless to say, I was a few minutes late. But how could I help it? I won an ebay auction which ended at $970 (after stalking it for a week) and had waited a week for it to be delivered.

But anyway, this thread does have a point. This camera seems to have a bit of a learning curve to it. I need to get used to holding down buttons to scroll through menus/change settings. What I was wondering was whether or not anyone could give me some tips on use, or perhaps setting custom functions, or just generally utilizing the camera to its ability. I've already set up my own intuitive settings/controls carried over from my 30D, but I'm just seeing if there's anymore to do.

Thanks for any help. I really do appreciate it!

:D

Isn't it just retarded how scrolling through menus is a 2-hand operation?

The menu scrolling is a bit annoying, but I think I've already got the hang of it. What really gets me is how I have to hold TWO buttons and scroll just to change the ISO.

I've already set my back focus button and the AF is probably going to be kept on moderately fast/fast. I shoot a lot of sports for the paper at school. I was hoping to test it out at the game against Army this Saturday, but I've got a shoot to do so it ain't happening. Hopefully it'll get some basketball action soon...

The menu scrolling is a bit annoying, but I think I've already got the hang of it. What really gets me is how I have to hold TWO buttons and scroll just to change the ISO.

That too, I totally forgot! Whoever Designed the 1DII/1DsII should be shot.

Well congrats anyway... lol

What are the POTN forums?

POTN = photography-on-the.net

It's mostly Canon shooters - actually, it is RUN by Canon - so I don't think you'd be too interested, Jerry. ;) Yes, I do lurk on these forums enough to know that you shoot Nikon.

Most reactions

Back