My new camera

New gear is always great. Shoot the f#ck out of it. ;)
I will upgrade my D700 one day, but having the D7100 as well as the D700 makes an upgrade less urgent for me.
If there is a sale later on that gets me an 80-400 for $300 cheaper with a new body, then I may get a D750.

You'll LOVE full-frame :)

I agree, FX is nice, but in the end you still need to be able to take a good shot. A great camera won't make a bad shot any better.
Good technique and being able to "see" a photo is far more important than top gear - all things being equal.

I've seen some iPhone shots that make me think hard about how important the camera really is.

Just sayin'

Enjoy the cam tho. Post a crapload of pics so we can rip them apart.
At least we will know the camera can't be blamed.

Just kidding ...

;)
Hey thats my line, I always am saying that gear comes second, I also said I bought the D750 not because I need it but because I want it.
The D7100 is (in my yes) just an amazing camera that did all I needed and more but I lust for FX so I got it.
I doubt this camera will have some dramatic effect on my photography but on the other hand it will give me much more flexibiliy especially in low light.

New gear is always great. Shoot the f#ck out of it. ;)
I will upgrade my D700 one day, but having the D7100 as well as the D700 makes an upgrade less urgent for me.
If there is a sale later on that gets me an 80-400 for $300 cheaper with a new body, then I may get a D750.

You'll LOVE full-frame :)

I agree, FX is nice, but in the end you still need to be able to take a good shot. A great camera won't make a bad shot any better.
Good technique and being able to "see" a photo is far more important than top gear - all things being equal.

I've seen some iPhone shots that make me think hard about how important the camera really is.

Just sayin'

Enjoy the cam tho. Post a crapload of pics so we can rip them apart.
At least we will know the camera can't be blamed.

Just kidding ...

;)
Hey thats my line, I always am saying that gear comes second, I also said I bought the D750 not because I need it but because I want it.
The D7100 is (in my yes) just an amazing camera that did all I needed and more but I lust for FX so I got it.
I doubt this camera will have some dramatic effect on my photography but on the other hand it will give me much more flexibiliy especially in low light.

For the record, not being all self righteous. I wouldn't have 3 cameras and 12 lenses if it weren't for a healthy dose of GAS.
I make amends by giving gear to my kids. ;)

Congrats! Congrats!

That was one reason I went to the d600 vs d800 (and the 800 was too much $$)
was the button & menu layout.

I wouldn't care about the button placement too much. I would be all over the D810 if only had a 24MP sensor and built-in WiFi. I basically want the D750 in D800/D810's body. Oh well. I can dream. I'll probably end up getting the D750.

Congrats! Congrats!

That was one reason I went to the d600 vs d800 (and the 800 was too much $$)
was the button & menu layout.

I wouldn't care about the button placement too much. I would be all over the D810 if only had a 24MP sensor and built-in WiFi. I basically want the D750 in D800/D810's body. Oh well. I can dream. I'll probably end up getting the D750.

I guess this really is all very personal, for me as long as the wifi is off then I am happy, have no need for it.

I still use my d7000 alot but I'm finding, even with a ton of cropping the d600 still seems better even though mathematically it isn't.

So, I have a basic understanding of crop factor, etc. and hear it's virtues are most seen in sports/wildlife shooting. Judging from what I've read and from your quote, the reason for this is because a crop sensor holds up to cropping in post more?

I work hard to fill the frame in-camera and really don't like cropping after the fact so, if this is the case, I've had another reason for sticking with a crop sensor removed...only one or two more to go and then I HAVE to go FF regardless of what my wife thinks... :)
Pixel density is the reason. Assuming you're not going to be able to get close enough to fill an FX frame, you're going to crop away a lot of the data that the bigger sensor is collecting. Within the size of a DX frame, a 24MP camera is going to give you more pixels than any FX camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back