my new camera :)

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by fightheheathens, Mar 2, 2007.

1. fightheheathens

fightheheathens TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    my camera (Black Nikon FM2n) and Lens Nikkor AI-s 50mm 1.4
    just came in the mail today :)

here is a link to what it looks like...cant really take a picture of my new camera...as its my only camera..

http://www.charlottecamera.com/ccamerav1/archiveNewsletters2003/September/NikonFM2nBlack.jpg

http://photo.net/bboard-uploads/00Du4r-26131384.jpg

in gonna get a flash and some filters next (think red/polarizer)

then im gonna add a wide angle to my collection
    either a nice prime around 20-28mm (ive heard good things about a Nikkor 24mm f2)
    or the 18-35mm zoom (looking at sigmas too)
    or if i can find a good price on a used one the 17-35 f/2.8 (i really want this one)

im so excited :)

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Congratulations.
    Only that film in and the memories and history of the stolen camera will never come back :(

But this sounds good ... did you get some insurance money for the stolen one?

3. fightheheathens

fightheheathens TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    no, i didnt get any money, Im just starting life after college so not only is insurence expensive now, but i still have to figure out how to wade through that.
    I've gotta figure out Taxes for Michigan California and Federal all on my own now....
    But im excited, i actually feel more like a real photographer because i researched looked at and decided on my own camera, not something i recieved from my dad.
    And getting this camera pretty much decided that im gonna have to get a Nikon D200 if i want all my lenses to work..oh darn... ;)
    im gonna give my camera a good run down at San Franciscos Chinese new year parade this weekend. They are gonna have a 200 foot long dragon thing :)

4. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Go for an AF lens with an aperture ring on it. You'll be glad you did. My 18-35mm works perfectly on my FE, but feels really cheap on it, becuase it is. But i'm in the same boat, can't afford the 17-35. I think I'm going to buy the Nikon 12-24 though to replace it becuase I hardly ever use my FE anymore.

5. Patrice

Patrice No longer a newbie, moving up!

Congrats on the camera. I've had one of those for nearly 20 years. Rock solid little camera. Works really well on it's own, Works just fine without a battery in it, works well with a motor drive as well. This camera, as you have it in black, nearly disapears when you have a 28mm prime - great unobtrusive walk around camera. There are tons of manual focus lenses available. Just walk in to any decent camera shop with a pre-owned section.

Enjoy.

6. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    aww, good to know you got a new one!

i was so suffering with you when I heard about the theft ... or was it just me being afraid something like that would happen to me as well?

nevermind.. enjoy your new one! :)