My new english school

haha I can honestly say I went to one of the top 10 schools in the UK and never heard of a gerund... that can't be good can it?

maybe that's because you never named it. In Poland we don't have something like this, even something simmilar, so we have to call it somehow to know what we are talking about :)

Are we talking public or comprehensive here Scurra? If you went public I'm not suprised you never learned about it. Fnurk! Fnurk!
I heard that in Polish the ending of the surname changes with gender - ski and ska. Is that right?
In my experience, with the exception of the Yanks, non-Brits speak English better than wot we Brits does. They learns it proper. But then we was too poor when I was young and couldn't aford school... I think I'm talking late night drivel here ;-)

yeah... changes in the surname are different. most female surnames end with "ska" while male with "ski" like "kowalski" and "kowalska". Also whe you are talking that yesterday you saw HIM you say I saw "Kowalskiego" and so on... and so on...

Here we have a tv programme called something like "Europe can be liked". The guests who are foreigners are invited. There are some Italian guys, Sweden, French... and English of course. So we have Kevin from England and once he mentioned about difficulities with Polish names and surnames that he had while learning this language:)

I only know 2 words in polish.. Cze and the other isn't so nice, so I won't mention it. :p

But that surname thing sounds really interesting. :) I wish we had it too. :p

Well... we have names like Feather-Stone-Haugh
You pronounce it Fanshaw. And there are others. It's a British thing - we do it to get our own back on foreigners ;-)

Hertz it was private school.... Tonbridge School to be precise, we used to play rugby with Eton I never got an opportunity to hammer prince william though... shame that. I wasn't ever really built for rugby anyway I was more of a squash and fencing kinda guy.

I don't know wether to be sarcastic or tug my forelock. ;-)
The school I went to our idea of sport was shooting rats in the toilet. Yep - it was Harrow....
I tell a lie. It was Borstal - better check your wallet....

haha I'm in harrow atm... have a flat there while I go to uni at Brunel...

Scurra said:
Hertz it was private school.... Tonbridge School to be precise, we used to play rugby with Eton I never got an opportunity to hammer prince william though... shame that. I wasn't ever really built for rugby anyway I was more of a squash and fencing kinda guy.
I soo want to make a joke about public schools and "hammering". But I won't. :oops:

I never learnt anything like that at all either. That was at a comprehensive. Then again, what do you expect from schools where teachers hand out plain paper thinking it's lined. Then call it all back in so they can hand out lined paper, only to hand out the same plain. Still, that was in a PE Studies class anyway. Or where you get taught about Russia for your GCSE's only to sit down and find an exam asking you about Germany and Jews during the Second World War.

Which reminds me.
*goes off to start a new thread*

This is why I stopped teaching. Too many teachers can't spell. I even knew an English teacher who was dyslexic!

Good luck at Uni Scurra. work hard and party hearty

Most reactions

Back