My new project (maybe NSFW? some people are too sensitive)

MyaLover

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So im working on a new series for a book. These are just a few I did tonight to test out one of my ideas. C&C as always

IMG_7647bw.jpg

IMG_7659bw.jpg

IMG_7660bw.jpg

IMG_7678bw.jpg

#1 is the best, but the elbow is too much. I like the fact that it turns into a completely different photo if you crop it like this:

morganeditfo7.jpg

By the way you're getting much better at processing, or shooting, or both. ;)

#1 is the best, but the elbow is too much. I like the fact that it turns into a completely different photo if you crop it like this:

morganeditfo7.jpg

By the way you're getting much better at processing, or shooting, or both. ;)

i agree that #1 is the strongest shot in this set. i also don't like the elbow, but i don't know if i like this crop though.

my other 2cents:
do a reshoot. leave the arm out of it all together. maybe light the hat some? maybe color? maybe one with the hair tucked under the hat?

I like the crop because it disconnects the arm from the body. So although you know it's connected, it also looks as if it could be someone else reaching into the frame. Giving the viewer something to think about makes for a much more interesting shot than "oh, I see she's holding the hat."

I like the first one just as presented, it fits with the rest of the series. Except for the last one, all have two prominently lit areas.

Nice work as always.

On a more basic level, I don't know if I'm really feeling the glove in the one photo. It kind of competes with your eyes for my attention (but maybe its supposed to?)

Anyway, that's my only suggestion. Other than that they seem nice.

your best to date.

I like the crop because it disconnects the arm from the body. So although you know it's connected, it also looks as if it could be someone else reaching into the frame. Giving the viewer something to think about makes for a much more interesting shot than "oh, I see she's holding the hat."

looking at it with rested eyes and mind, i agree.

Thank you all very much. And yes I do like the crop, thank you for the edits and kind words everyone!

Definitely your best yet. You just keep improving every time you share! Way to go! I like all three of these. You've really nailed the focus on the eyes and the lighting is awesome.

Thank you Ajay! I appreciate the comments. Its weird I went back and looked at some of my firsts posts and I am horrified! They are terrible!!! hahaha

Most reactions

Back