my new toy

bitteraspects

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
just picked up a new camera today. just something to carry around with me when im not planning to take pics. sony H1:lovey:

sony_h1frtbk.jpg

my daughter has this camera and absolutely loves it! :thumbup:

My question is why anyone would feel it neccesary to make excuses for any camera.

I am a firm believer that a talented person can use a 3 dollar throw away camera and make great images. I don't think the tool makes all that much difference.

Im sorry if this offends the techies of this world. I don't mean it that way, what I mean is that sure if you can set up a still life in your studio. you want to bring the best camera you own along to shoot it, but what heck if the composition and the lighting is strong you could shoot it with a toy and get a great shot. I generally do not even tell what camera I made an image with. The photograph speaks for itself, like it or not.

mysteryscribe said:
My question is why anyone would feel it neccesary to make excuses for any camera.

I am a firm believer that a talented person can use a 3 dollar throw away camera and make great images. I don't think the tool makes all that much difference.

Im sorry if this offends the techies of this world. I don't mean it that way, what I mean is that sure if you can set up a still life in your studio. you want to bring the best camera you own along to shoot it, but what heck if the composition and the lighting is strong you could shoot it with a toy and get a great shot. I generally do not even tell what camera I made an image with. The photograph speaks for itself, like it or not.

He is just showing us his new camera for point and shoot action.

Eric

My little sis loves this camera and my first camer whas the sony DSC 5717 and we both have catured some beautiful picutres with them, they are wonderful camera's! Enjoy it!

AIRIC said:
He is just showing us his new camera for point and shoot action.

Eric
indeed. my p200 crapped out on me so i needed another smaller camera to carry everywhere with me.i like to have one on me at all times to capture the moment, but when iplan to go take pics or if i have a payed gig, i use my 20d. i understand where youre coming from, i feel the same way. if your composition is right and you truly have an eye for the shot, you can get beautiful images from a dusposable camera. but if im doing a payed gig, i think its nice to give the client(s) the respect of lookind semi professional. i wouldnt want to show up to a wedding with a cybershot-u30 and stll be taken seriously.
again. this is just a new toy for me to play with when im not really PLANNING to take pics. just something to carry around and capture the moment as it happens. i finally got it charged up so pics will be up soon. unfortunately its pouring down rain right now here in paradise,HI.:x

grats on the new cam! it reminds me of an Easyshare...but more compact! i like it! :thumbup::thumbup:

have fun!

Yes i never would take a disposable camera to a job, back when I ran a studio. My son in law has about 10k worth of cameras and has recently begun to admit it is all show... we did just shots as well back in the days of the old pentax zxm and film.

I shoot the oldest pieces of crap I can find and make work but that is not to say I wont pick up a digital camera to make a quick shot. So I know exactly what you mean. My concern is not with guys like us, its with guys who think buying a Nikon makes them a better photographer. It makes them a photographer the same as they were the day before, but with a more expensive camera and one more technilogically advanced. If they knew how to shoot the day before it arrived, they still do. If they didn't, they still don't.

I used to fight with my son in law about how much the customer could actually see in he print. That when he started to admit it was mostly show after a certain point.

I see a lot of poor composition here and have to wonder if the world hasn't gotten lazy. Don't bother to learn the lessons, pay for a bigger shinier camera. Instant gratification isn't just in potatoes.

So in the hands of a experienced knowledgeable photographer a point and shoot is a good working tool. I make absolutely no apology for the equipment I use. If I make a lousy picture, and I do, I don't blame it on the camera.

I Absolutely did not intend to offend anyone. I was pretty sure those who understand would those didn't wouldn't.

hahahah your "disposable" is better than my "proper"!! But as has been said, the eye is in the eye is in the eye!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back