My new watch

akufc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was having a hard time getting the watch in focus like I wanted, so instead I shot these soft focus type of pics. In PS, I made a copy of the layer and ran a gausian blur and used overlay and hard light blending.

After I took the pics I noticed how the watch wasn't centered up and how I didn't have the camera squared up so it feels awkward looking at them :-/
watch1.jpg

watch2.jpg

watch3.jpg

watch4.jpg

Whoops I posted in the wrong section, could this get moved to the general gallery?

Sorry :(

awesome looking watch...i have a bulova. the b&w is well done.

Nice watch !!
What's the model name/number?

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! haha, yeah the offcenter is driving me crazy...i like the blakc and white one...the colors in the others feel awkward to me...it feels likeyou didnt color correct...also the black on the bottom of the closeups is distracting...ive seen you do a lot better hot stuff, reshoot! :heart:

Thanks Marm, I'll try again at the watch shooting :)

Appreciate the comments ya'll :thumbup:

akufc said:
Whoops I posted in the wrong section, could this get moved to the general gallery?

Sorry :(

Now you did it! (joking of course). Brave attempt. Personally I fear shooting watches and most reflective surfaces.
Since you said you would reshoot... The shots seem to be about the box. Maybe not include it at all? Do not be afraid to try all positions and angles. Keep a close eye on reflections and hot spots. Try bouncing the light off of foamcore. When photographing watches and or time pieces in general; they should read 10:10.
Be sure to post the reshoot. If it does not drive you totally crazy consider a career in it.

The B&W is my favorite.

Most reactions

Back