My new website

Thanks.. i need hosting and to get back to school so i can script it... < i thought i'd never say that...

You might also want to add the 'Home' button in all the galleries, unless you are working on those right now. ;)

Hi Matt,

It looks really, really good! The only niggles I have (and they may be firefox ones) is that when I'm looking at your galleries the pictures are pretty small and half the screen doesn't seem to be used, also when I look at a portrait photo, the bottom seems to be clipped off.

I agree about the home button, but I am in awe of your photography!

Thanks guys. The mattperko photography logo in the bottom left actually links to the home page. I dunno if I should make an actual home button or not. Thinking about how to include it.

Bigfatbadger: What's your screen resolution? I know the pictures are small, but I want it to fit into smaller resolutions.

I'm using 1024x768, I had the same problem with simpleviewer when I used it, which is why I stopped using it.

I'll try and email you a screengrab, so you can see what I mean.

Digital Matt said:
Thank you Philip. I checked out your website, and I found your photography to be excellent, and I like the simple layout of the site. My only critique would be to make the flash run a bit faster. Increase the framerate.

Appreciate your comments Matt, in fact I'm just having the whole website revamped, will submit it somewhere whn it's done. Philip.:lol:

The photos are terrific! The website is just as Terrific! Great stuff.

Wow! What a great site with great pictures! Thank you for sharing!I had to look at all of them!

Digital Matt said:
Let me know what you think! :)

btw, http://www.mattperko.com

For people using 800x600 the main site-content goes off the bottom of the screen and there are no scroll-bars to view it.

Consider using channel-mode in your index.htm..
<script>
window.open("whatever.htm","","channelmode")
</script>

Even if your perceived audience is 1084x768+ you can still design the functionality to allow people to view your site
using a smaller screen-area.

if I key F11 at 800x600, the site looks good.

Thanks 2frames.... As I understand it, that code only works with IE. My intended audience is multiple browsers. The idea of having the site open in a pop though is intriguing. I still have to figure out some kinks with why it's displaying funny, even in 1024x768. The size of the table area is 760x522.

hey matt, just looked through your site... i wish i had something new to add, but my only thoughts are that your photos could be bigger, and somehow each page needs a "home" button. When i was in the galleries, i couldn't get back to the "home" page to view "bio" or "contact" info. The site is clean, and fast... which makes a huge difference to me, it's looking really good. I love your photography... :thumbup:

Hey matt, I just checked out the site, its all excellent, but when I went to "bio" it was in some weird vertical column which made reading it damn near impossible, you might want to look into that, or it might just be my computer being weird...

Most reactions

Back