My newest batch of pics, please critique

redneckdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a batch I just got back from wally world. Some are shot with kodak 400 and some with fuji super 100. camera is a pentax k1000

swedtown_distance.jpg

oldhouse2.jpg

JLN_swedtown_2.jpg

cemetaryroad_snowy1.jpg

JLN_skihill_swedtown.jpg

cemetary_snowy1.jpg

I must say that after looking through the pics on this forum, you guys make it look easy.:hail: I'm finding that its much harder to do that I first though, especially since I'm commited to learning to work with natural light only.

Methinks they're all a tad overexposed. It becomes most evident in the two Winter Wonderland Pics (4 and 6) where there is absolutely no more detail to be seen in the snow areas - of which there are MOST in Photo 4.

Ditto on snow and exposure. I have a problem with the composition on the last one. Ther vegitation is floating it is not Anchored. Most of the time you need to shoot things in their entirity. In other words some bottoms to hold them to the picture. The two boys at the barn would have been nice with less on the left and more on the right, or just less on the left. Recropped.. the head shots were very nice and even the all snow was not really all that bad over exposed.

I am jealous of the shooter being in a place like that. It looks like a great place to shoot pictures.

okay, Ill work on the over exposed thing. I know the framing could also be better, i need to slow down and stop rushing my shots. as for the expose, I set it so the needle is in the middle of the gate (pentax k1000), for pics with lots of snow, should I close the apeture one f-stop from what the camera reads? thanks.

I would think 1-1.5 stops for a normal day and 2 stops for a sunny day.

If you want to keep your DOF and shutter speed you could just use neutral density filters to make up the exposure difference.

Most reactions

Back