My next lens will be a macro lens :)

Darn lol

I was concidering a nikon when I got my canon. I was between the one I got and a d5000. I went with this one because it was less expensive, felt better in my hand, and because I was already slightly familiar with an xs. The nikon had a lot if buttons on it and kind of intimidated me. Lol

NateS experience is about the same as my own - only he/she got the APO edition and did far far better with the lens that I managed before I upgraded to shiny new lenses.

I'm a he, btw. :mrgreen:

Darn lol

I was concidering a nikon when I got my canon. I was between the one I got and a d5000. I went with this one because it was less expensive, felt better in my hand, and because I was already slightly familiar with an xs. The nikon had a lot if buttons on it and kind of intimidated me. Lol

Oh, that's fine...I wasn't saying Canon was bad and I think it's a great system. I was only saying that if you shot the same brand as me then my lens would fit your camera and I'd sell it to you for fairly cheap. The main thing that I like with my Nikon over Canon for Macro use is that I can fire my SB-600 wirelessly (built into my D90) which means I can easily get the flash off camera for some more dramatic lighting in the macro world. Of course, if you were looking at the D5000, then it doesn't do that either (D90 is lowest body for Nikon that has it built in)....so that's moot point I guess (or is it moo point?? I never really know).

Moo Point is where the bovines get in on after their prom.

Final decision:

I am getting the sigma apo lens mentioned above. When I get my loan from school I will pick it up. I am pretty sure I will be taking a photography class this summer and will need a good zoom lens anyway. This will be it :)

Good choice. I kinda with I had that lens vs my canon is/usm. But maybe it's one of those 'grass is greener' type of deals.

I'll tell you one thing though, my canon zoom can't do macro.

If you paid the $500+ for that lens, you could sell it, get the sigma and still have some cash left over. The signs has good reviews on amazon.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back