MY NEXT POST!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by luckydog, Apr 21, 2005.

1. luckydog

luckydog TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    In the 2 years i've been visiting this place i've met some great people and some very talented photographers, but for a while now i've been finding the place uninteresting and logout within a minute or two of logging in. So this will be my LAST post to the forum. Anyone wanting to keep in touch can e-mail me and if they want to go out on photo outings i'm more than happy to come along, so just let me know. To all the nice people in here i say "Hope to hear from you" and i'll try to e-mail those i can. For the people who do nothing but fill this once great site with rubbish posts and spam, i say "Thanks for nothing!"

MD you did a fantastic job creating this place. Just a shame that some people have walked all over it with their dirty feet and messed it up!

2. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

sorry you feel this way dude. i thought you found this forum as most of us do...full of good people with lots to offer, i.e., the help you received in early february regarding advice for your upcoming interviews etc. if it's rubbish you see, ignore it and take advantage of the good ones; they certainly outweigh the bad. oh well, hope you reconsider and stick around.

3. LilCujo

LilCujo the quiet troublemaker! Supporting Member

Lucky, sorry you are not sticking around.

I agree with JM. This forum is a mixing pot of people, styles and personality. I find alot of the off stuff or "Spamming" is in the off topic area..and thatÂ’s what it is for. All other areas are filled with a lot more info and general good fun. I think Chase and everyone else here did an Awesome job making this site a decent place to kick back and share their photo knowledge. Hopefully you will find the site interesting again. Lots of luck to you man.

4. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

chase created the site. i was member #50. sorry you feel that way bro, later.

5. danalec99

danalec99 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    When I joined this site, I knew absolutely NOTHING about photography. Looking back right now, I can see how "immature" my queries must have sounded to the "elders" here. (NOT implying I'm good now, but I know I'm better than my joining date). My initial posts/pictures must have been spam to some but this site held my hands to lead me. And I will always be grateful for that. I think we must be thankful to the site owner and the support staff for their tremendous amount of patience and primarily for setting up this awesome platform for beginners.

Am I actively spending time here as I used to during the initial day? No. But that does not rule out the importance of proper 'childhood', and I am happy and proud for tpf for being a fine parent to the young ones joining each day.

:salute:

6. luckydog

luckydog TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sorry Chase, see my heart's not in it.

For months now i've been coming into this site and finding few or no conversations that either relate to anything i do or am interested in. All i'm doing is flicking through photos and passing the odd "good" comments. I'm not saying i haven't learnt anything because i did, especially in the wedding/portraits area but the site just doesn't give me that "happy place" feeling anymore. I find more interest looking at individuals sites as I get more of a feel for the person through their style and also gain ideas and techniques from the work. I'm not after feedback or praise for anything i contribute but i need more than to post the occassional photo for others to look at (or not look at).

7. danalec99

danalec99 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    While I was in the shower this morning, I realised that I did not come to a point while typing the above. My point here was, as JM said, just take the best out of everything. It is hurting to see ppl leaving!