My night work

Hi, TheCanonMan, I wouldn't think it's the post count someone has that brings about replies, unlike what seven might think.
But I, for one, wasn't at home all weekend, and only had limited access to a computer, so could not reply.

Of this nice little nighttime photography series, my favourite two are Photo 4 and Photo 6. They were taken on film? You had no immediate feedback? Cool. Makes them even better in my eyes.

As an avid night photographer about the only advice I can give is that they appear a tinge over-exposed. You want to keep the feel of the night (usually), and that means a little darker photos. Unfortunately the in-camera meter usually sucks at this, so my recomendation would be to underexpose a stop or two below what the camera thinks is "correct".

A second minor thing would be to use as low of film ISO as possible. Unless you're shooting action at night, you don't need the extra sensitivity. This will give you smooth and clear photos (my comment is based on the larger photo you posted it's slightly grainy).

Besides that, they look great! (don't sweat no comments, just bump it and they'll show up. sometimes the general gallery moves a little too fast ;))

Ill try that with the low ISO I often use 800speed film for my night work. Yes that last pic did have a lot of grain in it a lot of that I think was over the age of the film I think the pictures with. It did exp. in jan. 2004 and i just got it done last month hehe. thanks for the idea of the low ISO if that works that will save me a lot of money !

Most reactions

Back