nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_20160315_154149.jpg

So this so far has been my favorite setup to record videos. The 24-120 f/4 VR is really good at video stuff, the vibration reduction set to active mode really makes a difference when doing hand held video.

I was able to config the zoom h1 and the D610 just right to get the audio levels matching on both the camera and mic, sounds superb! I just need to get a shock mount to help isolate the mic.

I never used the mic jack on the D610 since I had the camera. When I had the D7000, I could not get my Zoom H1 to sound half way decent with the D7000..no matter what I did. Of course not having ability to see the levels didn't help either. So I always recorded separately and synced in post but sometimes I forgot to press the record button on the mic.

But after lots of testing yesterday plugging the zoom h1 directly in the D610 was barely any noticeable difference. If I was going to record a band playing or something, then I might record separate because I can set the Zoom H1 to 24/96 and record in WAV which at the end of the day will produce much better sound. But for the stuff I do, recording directly into the camera is perfectly fine and saves me so much time.

Now I just need to get a variable ND filter for those bright days..but I am ready to try to record some decent videos this summer! Hopefully...

(okay, this is probably a pointless post, but I had to show it off hahaha).

Last edited:
I had not really thought about the 24-120 VR as a video lens!!!

Actually, thanks for posting that! I just looked 2 days ago for a mic with an idea to video something for my 1st time. I have the 7000 so I need more research knowing my camera may have issues.

Looks like a Sweet set up to me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back