My Olympus E-510 is freaking me out!

theblackcatpt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello!

I searched the forum for the best place to post my quest for help and this seemed the most appropriate place, but if it isn't I'd appreciate the relocation to the most appropriate one.

My problem is the following:
I've had my Olympus E-510 camera for about 2 and a half years, I was pretty much one of the first to get it when it came out, and have never had any problems with it, namely focusing.
But a week ago I picked it up and I can't seem to get a clear shot. I've tried cleaning it, messing with the menus and the MF/AF but I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing as I'm not a pro and my intro to photography course was about 12 years ago... (I browsed the manual but got no help there)

I use the camera very seldomly and when not in use I keep it in her bag. I never dropped it or banged it, so the problem shouldn't come from there.

Can someone please help me out? I'm going to need to use it this week and need her to work properly. Taking her to a shop is out of the question since I can't afford to pay (the camera was a gift from my husband's grandma, hence how we could "afford" it).

Thanks a million in advance!

I'm still a noob to the site but you might want to try a new card or reformat your existing one. If the card is corrupted then nothing will be happy. Just a thought.

Just tried it. Formated the card, nothing changed.
I've replaced the card for a new one and it's still the same.
My battery just died so I can't try anything new for the next few hours.

It's like the camera's focus is stuck at a certain distance. It focus things that are far really good, but closest to the camera it's a blur. It also happens if I zoom in on something.

I'm at a loss =(

Fully charge the battery and try again. It AF is still fussy try MF (manually focus) and see whether you can get a sharp picture. If MF works, your camera's AF function or the lens's AF motor may need repair.

edit - check the contacts on the lens and camera. If they're dirty clean them with a q-tip dipped in some rubbing alcohol.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back