My other hobby (songwriting)... rec. w/T1i

JOSHardson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a song I wrote about a year ago... Tell me if you like it. It was recorded on my Canon T1i @ 720p.

Feel free to leave a comment or rate on youtube... Thanks for watching if you do...

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! I wish the sound qualiy were higher, but it is what it is.

If that song were available through the iTunes store, I'd gladly buy it as a 99 cent to $1.29 download. Nice work!:thumbup:

Thanks alot! Yeah that was as good of quality as I thought I needed for a youtube clip... I'll have to do a good studio version... Thanks again...

Last edited:
I like it! I also share a passion for music, more specifically vocal ;)

I've tried playin' in bands where I DON'T sing... It's not near as much fun...

Great!
Even better as you haven't used Audio enhancement?
Loved those lyrics and your voice fits it nicely.

I used the smallest amount of reverb and a little compression to make the vocals pop out more. No pitch correction or any of that though. Thanks again for the compliments everyone.

I can't tell offhand what mic that is, but I am 99.95% sure it is a condenser. So did you track this to a DAW and sync the video? or out from the pre into the T1i?

Whoaaa. You kinda sound like Andy Hull. He sings in one of my favorite bands, Manchester Orchestra.

I like this song though. I'm totally adding you on myspace, from my music page. Be on the lookout for me. My band name is The Heartbreak Therapy.

I recorded simultaneously on my camera and on my DAW. Then, I added a few effects as mentioned above and synced the audio with the video in an editor. I do music recording on the side so I already have the audio equipment layin' around my house.

I just heard Manchester Orchestra for the first time this week. I definitely take that as a compliment. I'll definitely look you up on Myspace.

Most reactions

Back