My pal Phill

Happysucks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
phill.jpg

Mayby the newbys need breath mints because it seems you need have a huge postcount to get comments. Even if they are mean comments... at least us newbs would know if we smell or not.

^yep. once you get to post 500 or so, we might comment on your stuff. as long as you use breath mints too.

;)

but really though, sometimes threads just get passed up. there have been alot lately, so it's hard to see all of them. I dont think people open it up and check how many posts you have then just go back because you dont have enough. Things just get passed up. Glad i caught this one though, i like the photos. The last ones are fun, and that first one is really very nice! love the composition and colors. keep posting dude, it's worth it!

:lol: The last one w/him biting your nose cracks me up :) I'm curious as Corry is too...is it wild? Looks like it's a zoo...

Don't worry about the post count thing...sometimes there are just tons of threads and even the folks with high post counts get passed up too ;) Your shots made me smile, so hopefully you'll continue to post more :)

This was at Busch Gardens in Tampa, Fl

They are around people all the time but from what I understand, they don't tame out that much. This guy, #13 from his leg tag, was born in the wild and will soon go into a breading program. I'm not too sure if they have ever had Flamingos born at the park as the setting required to make them feel at home was figured out only a few years ago (5 or so) But I always take time for #13 and he always takes time for me (face grooming and what not). I would almost say he is the reason I go to the park.

I am honoured and happy to meet your pal Phil, or No. 13, which sounds a lot less interesting, and I am amazed to hear that a wild bird such as him can get so friendly with the visitor to "his" (for the time being) park! So thank you so much for showing us this little series. Apart from showing us your friend here, you are also telling us something about yourself which is the bestest of steps to take to become an established member on here, I should say.

And never worry about the amount of replies. It's got nothing to do with who is new and still has a low post count and who is not.
(Some, however, has to do with whether you post your pic at a time when LaFoto just goes to bed and this pic has to wait for 8 - 9 hours before she appears back on the scene, though ;););) )

i know what ya mean happy...being a noob myself

Happysucks said:
Mayby the newbys need breath mints because it seems you need have a huge postcount to get comments. Even if they are mean comments... at least us newbs would know if we smell or not.

personally, I never expect anything., in any situation.. if something good comes my way, it's a bonus.

Well I'm working on the postcount thing ;) and I have a pack of big red in my pocket so I should be good to go.

Happysucks said:
Well I'm working on the postcount thing ;) and I have a pack of big red in my pocket so I should be good to go.

Hey, a lot of the times I don't get much response without bumping my images a time or two, and well...I guess you're right, I guess it could be because of my small post count! :biglaugh: j/k, really.... Hey...you seem like a fun guy...why don't you make your way down to off topic and hang out a bit and get to know us!

Most reactions

Back