My Pet Peeve

Oh the stories I could tell you after 40 years.....

Joe

Trever1t said:
.........I had to help a young Pro shooter not too long ago figure out how to set aperture on her basic Canon camera, and I shoot Nikon...it wasn't that hard to figure out...

Wow.Just...wow. Now that is a pretty sad example of not knowing one of the most basic bits of camera handling. It's I guess a commentary on how low the barriers to entry really are these days. As I used to say fifteen years ago, "Hell, everybody's a photographer these days." And since that time, it has become even more common for people to sell themselves as photographers, or professional photographers, even though they do not even know the most junior high school-level stuff about how to use their OWN camera! Even as long ago as 15 years ago, I noticed that autofocus and smart matrix metering and TTL flash metering had flooded the market with noobs who were selling themselves and selling shoddy work as professional work. Now that stuff like film costs, develop and print costs, and enlargement costs have ALL been eliminated, there really are basically, almost zero barriers to entry, and there is NO barrier to taking on any kind of shoots. When it used to cost $350 for film and processing, and when $350 was a month's rent on an apartment, the people shooting weddings and senior sessions actually knew what the F they were doing...you HAD to! But today....apparently, you don't even need to know how to set your f/.

Maybe you should have introduced her to the big P?

You know, the one on the dial! Get your mind out of the gutter!

A month or so back I drove by a "pro" shooting a wedding party of probably six or seven strongly backlit by a low sun, and trying to use a small (~36") 5 in 1 reflector and nothing else. I hope that worked out for her! :lol:

She must be shooting Nikon. The DR is so amazing, she doesn't need fill light :D

She must be shooting Nikon. The DR is so amazing, she doesn't need fill light:D

I hear it's a new picture control or retouch option included with the D400. That way you can do it in camera before or after the shot. :D

I hear it's a new picture control or retouch option included with the D400. That way you can do it in camera before or after the shot. :D
Wait, you have to do it yourself? It doesn't do it automatically?

What the hell good is that?

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

It's called creativity.

If you didn't do it yourself you'd be like all the other soccer mom's out there with a D3100 calling themselves pro's.

It's called creativity.

If you didn't do it yourself you'd be like all the other soccer mom's out there with a D3100 calling themselves pro's.
Creativity. Ok, writing that down. Now I just need step by step instructions.

Go.

Lol

It's called creativity.

Creativity. Ok, writing that down. Now I just need step by step instructions.

Go.

Lol

RTFM Jeesh

Like my niece, who took my pictures, that I took and put them on her website and said she took them? Who asked me which camera she should buy to start a business and when I mentioned a contract, the next day she started her business with the point and shoot she swiped from her ex boyfriend? Who posts blurry pictures and says that her business specializes in brightly colored prints (think over saturated) and fine art?

Ya, pisses me right off.

She's the reason all my pictures on facebook have a very prominent watermark, because she won't steal them now as she doesn't know how to remove the watermark.

Like my niece, who took my pictures, that I took and put them on her website and said she took them? Who asked me which camera she should buy to start a business and when I mentioned a contract, the next day she started her business with the point and shoot she swiped from her ex boyfriend? Who posts blurry pictures and says that her business specializes in brightly colored prints (think over saturated) and fine art?

Ya, pisses me right off.

She's the reason all my pictures on facebook have a very prominent watermark, because she won't steal them now as she doesn't know how to remove the watermark.

Lol... so does your watermark read:

This Photo Not Taken By [Insert Nieces Name Here]

Most reactions

Back