My photo gallery

Discussion in 'Personal and Professional Photography Websites' started by Drake, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Drake

Drake TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've recently updated my photo website, here's the link:

www.drake.xon.pl

Now I know the site is not in English (working on it atm), but it is not complex and should be easy enough to navigate through. Any comments or critique?

2. eravedesigns

eravedesigns TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I did a quick look and there is two things I would change. The first is that you should get a new domain name for your site just a regular .com. Second is in my opinion I wouldnt organize your photos by how your processed them. Instead of havving gallerys like sepia and cross processing I think you should just say landscapes and portraits...A possible client looking at your website would not know what cross-processing is and possibly not even sepia.

3. jstuedle

jstuedle No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Very nice work. You are very talented. And, yes I would re-categorize your images. If only for the sake of simplicity for the non-photographer.

4. dbrandon

dbrandon TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Funky little site, and very cool images ! Good job :D

5. Lounge

Lounge TPF Noob!

Excellent photos, and really nice site, good color choices

6. Drake

Drake TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    And that's exactly what I want it to be :) Thanks everyone for your comments. As for the gallery organization - yeah, you really have a point. I'll try to change it along with adding the English version. I don't think I'll be buying a .com domain soon tho. I know the way you present your work really counts, but I am an amateur with quite cheap equipment, and I'd rather invest the ~$50 a year in photo stuff than the gallery. In a few years or so, when I'll own some proper equipment - sure, why not :)

7. dbrandon

dbrandon TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    :wink: You do right, the domain isn't too bad IMO anyway. If it was free (?), it could have been a lot worse ! At least there arn't any adverts :D

8. Drake

Drake TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    No, it is not free, it's a cheap but reliable $20 a year hosting which comes with the 'xon.pl' domain. I just can't stand free hosting services. However I can live without a '.com' domain. And since www.drake.com is already taken, the one I'd get would probably be longer than the one I already have. :)

9. dbrandon

dbrandon TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    $20 / year :stun: Great price if it works ok :)

Don't you just hate it when companies have domains worth as much as that, but then ruin it with a tacky website. I'd kill for www.david.com :D Wonder how much the owner would let it go for :lol:

10. Drake

Drake TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yep, for 20 bucks I get 2gigs of disc space, 5gigs of traffic a month and all the php and mysql thingies which sounds like a fair deal. And I've never seen it break down, or even slow down.

And yeah, I also hate the problem with domains availability but I guess it is only my fault I wasn't the first one to register www.drake.com :)