My Photo Selected!

KenL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I received this message today. The photo was "mined" from photos at Flickr.com and I got a message saying it was short-listed and asking if I would agree to have it submitted if selected.

I took the photo on November 17, 2007 while waiting for a train enroute to a family Thanksgiving gathering.

Here is the link: Schmap for the iPhone

Schmap Los Angeles Ninth Edition: Photo Inclusion
Hi Ken,
I am delighted to let you know that your submitted photo
has been selected for inclusion in the newly released ninth
edition of our Schmap Los Angeles Guide.
Thanks so much for letting us include your photo - please
enjoy the guide!
Best regards,
Emma Williams,
Managing Editor, Schmap Guides

This is the photo:
4172340472_6f6449b83e_o.jpg

Well, it is in a guide seen by thousands?

Sounds great but.... Is there a link so a person can buy a print or view your portfolio? If not, then all you have is bragging rights. There is no "exposure" because the public has no idea how to contact you. ;)

Sounds great but.... Is there a link so a person can buy a print or view your portfolio? If not, then all you have is bragging rights. There is no "exposure" because the public has no idea how to contact you. ;)

Actually, when you click on my photo at Schmap.com, you are taken to my Flickr.com account, where you may contact me.

On the other hand,who cares? :violin:

I don't need to sell prints.
And, I'd like to go down in history as that
famous photographer that never sold anything.
:band:

4220624328_9610375a3f_o.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with having a hobby, not selling your work and having your picture on that Guide. Great congratulations....really!

But I was just curious how he was getting this "free exposure" if there is no link/watermark on the photo? :confused:

Nothing wrong with having a hobby, not selling your work and having your picture on that Guide. Great congratulations....really!

But I was just curious how he was getting this "free exposure" if there is no link/watermark on the photo? :confused:
Yeah, congrat's from me too. I once won a hundred bucks in the late 70's at a photo store contest in Denver, well actually Aurora CO. Didn't think I had a prayer. Didn't get famous, never will be, but it was a pretty cool feeling at the time. So, I can understand your elation...I doubt that the majority of people on this site get paid, except for the professionals, so my take on it is WTF? Who cares...bragging rights are o.k. too, sometimes.

J.:thumbup:

Last edited:

Yeah, congrat's from me too. I once one a hundred bucks in the late 70's at a photo store contest in Denver, well actually Aurora CO. Didn't think I had a prayer. Didn't get famous, never will be, but it was a pretty cool feeling at the time. So, I can understand your elation...I doubt that the majority of people on this site get paid, except for the professionals, so my take on it is WTF? Who cares...bragging rights are o.k. too, sometimes.

J.:thumbup:

Thank you, J!

I have sold a few photos and several coffee-table books, but my favorite was winning 1st place in a northern California radio station contest.

317493672_60e8391dfc_o.jpg

LOL...

I can't imagine someone that posts pictures on this site wouldn't be happy to have a photo randomly and unknowingly selected.

Like money is everything. My pictures mean dick to me monetarily.....
If someone steals it I'm happy to know it's good enough to be stolen.

Haters to the left!

LOL...

I can't imagine someone that posts pictures on this site wouldn't be happy to have a photo randomly and unknowingly selected.

Like money is everything. My pictures mean dick to me monetarily.....
If someone steals it I'm happy to know it's good enough to be stolen.

Haters to the left!

Thank you rallysman! :cheers:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back