My Photos Are In A Gallery

Jeff Colburn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.thecreativescorner.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's been a busy and exciting few days. On Thursday I talked with the head of the Jerome Historical Society about putting some of my photographs in their gallery space. On Friday he informed me that he wanted to put my work up in the gallery, in less than two weeks. My initial thought was, "Wow, that's fantastic." My second thought was, "Wow, I have A LOT of stuff to do."

Before I did any ordering, I had to research dozens of companies to find the products I wanted, at a good price. It was actually a lot of fun. Kind of like treasure hunting. Then I spent the next four days ordering frames, mats, framing and display materials, bags for matted prints and so much more. Everything has been ordered, and I've made my credit card company very happy.

The frames and mats should arrive 1-2 days before they need to be installed, so I expect a frenzy of matting and framing to meet the deadline.

This will be my first gallery presence, and I'm really looking forward to the whole experience. So if you find yourself in Jerome, Arizona, on or after July 1st, head on over to the New State Motor Building (across from Grapes Restaurant and down the stairs) and take a look at my photographs. I hope to see you there.

Have Fun,
Jeff

That is awesome! Great job!

I can't wait until I can afford to print some of my stuff out and hang it in a gallery or a local restaurant here. :)

It's been a busy and exciting few days. On Thursday I talked with the head of the Jerome Historical Society about putting some of my photographs in their gallery space. On Friday he informed me that he wanted to put my work up in the gallery, in less than two weeks. My initial thought was, "Wow, that's fantastic." My second thought was, "Wow, I have A LOT of stuff to do."

Before I did any ordering, I had to research dozens of companies to find the products I wanted, at a good price. It was actually a lot of fun. Kind of like treasure hunting. Then I spent the next four days ordering frames, mats, framing and display materials, bags for matted prints and so much more. Everything has been ordered, and I've made my credit card company very happy.

The frames and mats should arrive 1-2 days before they need to be installed, so I expect a frenzy of matting and framing to meet the deadline.

This will be my first gallery presence, and I'm really looking forward to the whole experience. So if you find yourself in Jerome, Arizona, on or after July 1st, head on over to the New State Motor Building (across from Grapes Restaurant and down the stairs) and take a look at my photographs. I hope to see you there.

Have Fun,
Jeff

Awesome! Congrats, so did you get to select the images to go on display, or did they take thier pick? Also how many, and would you care to share [some of]the photos that are going to make an appearance?

Congrats Jeff! I'd be interested in seeing some of the photos you are displaying. (since I probably won't be making it out to AZ anytime soon...)

Congratulations! I would love to do that. I too am interested to see the photos they wanted for the gallery.

Congratulations :thumbup:

+1 for wanting to see some of your work on display.

Jeff, it is good to see you made history...
I am also glad to see the fun and pleasure you are deriving from all of this.

Thanks everyone.

Awesome! Congrats, so did you get to select the images to go on display, or did they take thier pick? Also how many, and would you care to share [some of]the photos that are going to make an appearance?
I showed them my portfolio of 12 images, and they said I was in. They are letting me show whatever I want. I chose some images from the portfolio and some they didn't see. They won't see all the images until I deliver them to be hung. They want enough to fill an 8 foot wall space. So I will have 5 frames that are 17x22 and 6 frames that are 11x14. I will also have some 11x13, 8.5x11 and 5x7 prints matted and in plastic envelopes in a freestanding bin.

I'm doing my own prints on an Epson Stylus Photo 1400, which does borderless prints up to 13x19. These prints can last up to 98 years under glass, or 200 years in an album.

I had an e-mail today from http://www.FramesByMail.com, who I ordered my frames from, saying some of my order was on back order. They ran out of the framing material I chose for the frames. A new supply will be in by Friday. I told them I needed the frames by Thursday for the opening, and they upgraded my shipping from ground to 3-day air at no cost. I love that kind of customer service.

Here are a few of the 11 photos I'll have in the gallery.

Have Fun,
Jeff

GC-Cliff.jpg

The Grand Canyon

Granite-Dells1.jpg

The Granite Dells, outside of Prescott, Arizona

Sunset1.jpg

Sunset near Sedona, Arizona

VbarV01.jpg

V bar V Ranch Indian Petroglyphs

Last edited:
Jeff, it is good to see you made history...
I am also glad to see the fun and pleasure you are deriving from all of this.

If it wasn't fun, it wouldn't be worth the work and expense of putting the gallery show together. I find that if you relax, roll with the punches and do the best you can, things usually work out.

Have Fun,
Jeff

I had an e-mail today from http://www.FramesByMail.com, who I ordered my frames from, saying some of my order was on back order. They ran out of the framing material I chose for the frames. A new supply will be in by Friday. I told them I needed the frames by Thursday for the opening, and they upgraded my shipping from ground to 3-day air at no cost. I love that kind of customer service.

Wow, that is so cool of them...looks like your extensive research paid off! Well done.

Wow, I only had a week and a half to find vendors, order frames, mats, backing, Plexiglas; create price tags, info stickers for the back of the prints, an info sheet on caring for Plexiglas, a bio and assemble everything. But it's finally done and my prints are hung.

This is all taking place in the New State Motor Building (across from Grapes Restaurant and down the stairs), a garage built in 1918. The Jerome Historical Society bought it and turned it into an artist's coop. Now there's three photographers, a couple of painters, a sculptor, a jeweler, a gift shop, and most importantly, public bathrooms. If that doesn't pull in the tourist crowd, nothing will.

Here are some photos I took right after the pictures were hung. Now it's back to matting 11 prints for my art bin. The art walk is tomorrow and I want to have plenty of photos on hand.

Maybe I'll see you there.

Have Fun,
Jeff

Jerome%20Coop01-cropped-a.jpg

Jerome%20Coop02-a.jpg

That, by far, has got to be one of the most exciting things that you've experienced.

Saturday was the monthly Jerome Art Walk and I was in the gallery from 5-8. I talked to a lot of people, and they liked my work. I got rave reviews from a man who used to be a photographer's rep too. It was a lot of fun, and I can hardly wait for the next art walk. Next week supplies arrive for me to make sleeved 5x7 prints that I'll put in my art bin. As crazy as the whole process is, it's a lot of fun, and a real learning experience.

Have Fun,
Jeff

Congratulations! And your photo are nice~~ You must have spent lots of time and hard work on them~~ Keep on hard working!

Most reactions

Back