My photos are NOT OK to edit.

cedew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Actually, mine are fine to edit. What I think of people who choose "NOT OK":

1. They are arrogant, or ignorant.

2. They think they are better than you, therefore you are incapable of producing an image better than their original.

3. They are old, or unwilling to learn.

4. They don't realize the insignificance of other people's opinion on the internet.

5. They hate photoshop.

In any case, their existence online is hypocritical, get with the times.

Or they would rather not have people mess with their photos. I know it sounds crazy but it's a choice the forum allows individuals to make.

You forgot one:

6. The are new to the forum and upon registering didn't know what they were doing and picked that setting and haven't yet changed it because they haven't posted any shots.

Someone at least play devil's advocate, and give a good logical reason...

Stretch!!! You win, that is actually a great reason. I doubt there are any better than that though...

See_this ... and I'll move your post to the Photographic Discussion, too, since it is totally not OFF TOPIC.

Well, I already kinda felt like a douchebag about it but I figured I would change it once I had mustered up my cojones enough to post something.:p

To be calling those who made the decision to have the NOTE sign out "arrogant", "ignorant", "old", "unwilling to learn" and more is pretty arrogant, to my mind.

And who's saying that all the photos you get shown on here are their out-of-the-camera originals, who's to say that not some present only photos to the public they have spent a long while in editing them themselves first and later do not really want anyone else to mess with their work?

How's that arrogant or ignorant if someone presents a what they think is a finished piece of work here that they don't want changed by others who are so arrogant that they think they know a lot better???

To be calling those who made the decision to have the NOTE sign out "arrogant", "ignorant", "old", "unwilling to learn" and more is pretty arrogant, to my mind.

And who's saying that all the photos you get shown on here are their out-of-the-camera originals, who's to say that not some present only photos to the public they have spent a long while in editing them themselves first and later do not really want anyone else to mess with their work?

How's that arrogant or ignorant if someone presents a what they think is a finished piece of work here that they don't want changed by others who are so arrogant that they think they know a lot better???

Now be calm, or I will contact the site coordinator.:greenpbl:

LaFoto - My apologies, this post does look better suited to this forum. Also, you may remember this quote, "Well, to be quite open and frank I often get the feeling, mostly so in The Critique Forum, that those who just go about changing someone else's photo and thus adapting it to their own tastes actually don't offer any help at all, they mess with someone else's work."

It is this kind of mentality that people use to put creative handicaps on themselves. It is very helpful for someone else to put their personal spin on an image, in order to help you see a photographic world outside your own. It really does offer help, but some choose not to see it. I believe this falls under the second half of number three.

3. They are old, or unwilling to learn.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

As long as it is a personal choice I don't think there is a need for discussion here. You either have the choice of OK or NOT OK TO EDIT. Good for you for choosing the OK but don't put other people down because of their choice is the opposite of yours and more than anything, do NOT play the 'age' card in your posts. It's unfair to a lot of 'more mature' (or grown-up) posters on this Forum.

Thank you and continue enjoying the Forum.:greenpbl:

Actually, mine are fine to edit. What I think of people who choose "NOT OK":

In any case, their existence online is hypocritical, get with the times.

None of the above. I think it's a personal choice and a choice made in most cases for personal reasons.

--
Whoa, I must be getting really, really old. I started replying about 20 minutes ago.

If you think it is arrogant to say that people who are unwilling to learn are arrogant, then I accept the label...except I am willing to learn...so I think you may be wrong.

Just because someone spent a lot of time editing an image doesn't mean it wont benefit from another adjustment. And how is it messing with an image if you have the copy on your own computer??? Are you really concerned about some 150k image you posted in some forum online?

And to follow your last sentence, you think it's fine to post a photo on a forum dedicated to improving photographers but then say you can't make any changes?? I think we will have to agree to disagree here, I get the feeling we will never agree on the subject.

None of the above. I think it's a personal choice and a choice made in most cases for personal reasons.

--
Whoa, I must be getting really, really old. I started replying about 20 minutes ago.

lol, good job keeping it light, I started replying a while ago myself!

Also, I would like to hear a logical reason, but if you consider your reasons private, I certainly respect that. There are too many variables in the world for me to think it's impossible to have a good reason, I just can't think of any...

Most reactions

Back