my pictures- new york city

courtneyls32991

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i'm brand new here..plus i haven't done too much photography- here are some of my pictures from a recent new york trip. please give me some feedback!

1 and 2

3 and 4

5 and 6

7 and 8

9 and 10

11 and 12

13 and 14

15 and 16

17 and 18

i'll add more later

Heya Courtney, and welcome to ThePhotoForum.

You will see that your pics got a) moved to the General Gallery which is where they belong much rather than "The Beginner's Place", which is more for questions and answers on photography for beginners, and that b) I went into your thread to edit it.

What did I do?
I put SPACES between your links.
All these 9x2 photos, 18 all in all, were in one single line, bursting the seams any screen. Horizontal scrolling isn't so good. So to all newbies and anyone: please put at least two spaces between each of your links.

And I numbered your photos.
For with such an amount of photos it is much easier for the viewer to comment on them when they can say "I like photo # so-and-so best because...", see?

Now as for someone who has been to NYC in April of this year for the first time in her life, these are highly interesting to me, of course, and I like what you captured and how.
In the way you present them, two in one frame, they are a bit on the small side, but that maybe be just as well when there are 18 pics to look at.

You have applied a great variety of post processing to your photos, so I can tell you are far from being such a beginner.

Do post more. (With numbers and spaces ;)). See you around.

#7 - the blue circular type building is where my dad works. its an awesome place. nice photos too!

Nice shots... I won't comment on all of them but there were a few that seemed tilted one way or another... like the horizon wasn't level. That can be easily fixed in Photoshop with Free Transform but I found it a little distracting. Great city shots though.

here are the rest of my pictures:

19 and 20

21 and 22

23 and 24

25 and 26

27 and 28

29 and 30

31 and 32

33 and 34

35 and 36

37 and 38

thank you for all the feedback!

Some of those pictures look quite similar to the ones I took a couple weeks ago. I just got back Aug 6th from NY. The WTC site is VERY moving. I just wish the group I was with wasn't so impatient of me taking pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back