My portfolio

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Deli, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Deli

Deli TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey guy I just wanted to share so of my work. What do you guys think?
    Guevara's Photography
    I'm sorry I didn't post them here(pics) but there was to many. Thanks for looking.

Thanks-Deli

2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Ummm... depends. If you're using this just to show off your images, fine. If you're using this as the stepping-stone to a commercial 'site, not so fine. Since you refer to it as a 'Portfolio', I'll assume the latter.

The good: Your 'site is simple and clean, it loads quickly, and isn't filled with adds, pop-ups or other garbage. Your images have some clever poses and interesting compositions.

The Not So Good: Your 'site tells me nothing about you other than a name and a gmail contact address. You need to sell yourself; extoll your experience and your qualifications. Tell people how much they're going to have to pay for your services and what they get for that. Even more important, where are you?? If I come across your website, and like your work, only to find out that you're a thousand miles a way, I'm going to be annoyed. Conversely, you might be right down the street, but I skip you because I don't know that.

The Even Less Good: A photographer's website should showcase his best work. Many of the images I see here suffer from serious technical issues. Missed focus, poor exposure, or lack of post-processing.

Summary: I think you've got a good eye, and the makings of a good photographer, but based on what I'm seeing here, not convinced that you yet have the skills to make it in the commercial arena. If I were you, I would try and find some local photographers to shadow/second-shoot for to gain more technical skill and experience.

Good luck - just my $00.02 worth, your mileage may vary.

~John

3. Deli

Deli TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks Tirediron for the advise :) I'm using the site for both portfolio and stepping-stone. I guess I'm going to update the info page on the site. I'm going to take your advise and look for some local photographers and see if I could follow them, when they go for a shoot.

Thanks-Deli