My pre-50s cameras

^ Oh, yes. When I first looked at it, it looked like the lens board to me. :lol:

WOW!!!! i am extremely jealous.. i want that tlr

WOW!!!! i am extremely jealous.. i want that tlr

It's a beauty, but it has one major quirk that limits its usability - if I focus on something too close it leaks light. There's a baffle inside that needs replacement, and it's pretty hard to get to. I haven't yet felt like doing the 100% rolleiflex disassembly (which would be required) so it remains unfixed, alas.

Well, I am now the proud owner of a Jhargee 6.5x9 plate camera with a Zeiss Tessar 105mm lens (or at least I will be as soon as it gets delivered), I'm looking forward to putting some film through it!

Well, I am now the proud owner of a Jhargee 6.5x9 plate camera with a Zeiss Tessar 105mm lens (or at least I will be as soon as it gets delivered), I'm looking forward to putting some film through it!
Start a new thread when you get that Tessar delivered and let's see some pictures of your new setup! :)

BTW, been awhile since I've been on this forum. Nice to see there's a film camera section :)
Welcome back, Walter, I remember you! Glad you like the new forum layout.

You have some real beauties up there - some look to be in incredibly good condition. Nice! :thumbup:

I'm going to post a lith print from the Voigtlander Avus 9x12 in black & white here. First enlarged print from this camera (I had to make a sleeve to fit the 9x12cm film into my 4x5" carrier).

The speed graphic arrived today! I went out and bought a $1.00 magnifying glass to act as an f/3 soft portrait lens, and a $1.50 dog collar to replace the rotting leather hand strap... and now I've got a portable, hand-holdable 4x5. Totally cool. Fits in a small 35mm shoulder bag along with 3 film holders and an extra lens (a real lens for landscapes ;)). The built in rear curtain shutter (a unique feature in 4x5 cameras) does shutter speeds from 1/1000th down to 1/10th plus T (like bulb). And this is from the 1940s.

IMG_3876.jpg

IMG_3877.jpg

IMG_3881.jpg

Most reactions

Back