My Pregnant Wife

AUZambo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these pictures in our sunroom two weekends ago. I used my Sony A700 and my Tamron 17-50/2.8 lens. All lighting was controlled through opening and closing the blinds in the 9 windows in the room - though I believe I left them all wide open for the vast majority of the shots. The backdrop is a king-sized flat sheet and I cut the elastic from the fitted sheet and spread it on the ground.

Any C&C is appreciated! If you want to see the rest of the shots in the set visit my flicker page (linked in my signature). TIA!

3867098213_f4959d985c.jpg

2. This bible belonged to the baby's namesake - her great-great-grandmother, Eva Ellis. It was given to Eva Ellis on Christmas day in 1914.
3867880716_f0a17b1731.jpg

3867878920_af8e0bb1fe.jpg

3867879140_fcb9432a41.jpg

3867878666_0ec9c83030.jpg

3867877500_872b3e8237.jpg

3867875824_6be085fcb0.jpg

8. Obviously not taken in our sunroom, but I thought it was a fun picture.
3867929714_9562ea7c9e.jpg

Last edited:
8 is actually my favourite :)

I would reccomend getting a clean background, one without all the lines and wrinkles. Either throw it in the wash/dryer, depending on the material - or you can dryclean it, or even if it's just to get the wrinkles out - steam clean it (or iron if you don't have a steam cleaner)

Also, at my job we hang sheer across the backdrop, it gives it a nice softening effect and if their are any little wrinkles it will cover them.

I like all the poses you use, and great incorporation of props!

I agree with her. #8 for creativity yay :thumbup::D

I NEVER like maternity pictures, but I have to say the idea of putting the kids name in there is a pretty clever and unique approach. Particularly like the selective color one and the sand one is just VERY cool.

Nice ideas!

Oh btw, congrats. :)

I like Number 3 because your all in the picture, its that special bond and "family" that makes it look so special.

Thanks everyone for the kind words...in a few weeks I'll by trying my hand at infant pictures!

8 is actually my favourite :)

I would reccomend getting a clean background, one without all the lines and wrinkles. Either throw it in the wash/dryer, depending on the material - or you can dryclean it, or even if it's just to get the wrinkles out - steam clean it (or iron if you don't have a steam cleaner)

Yeah...I knew the backdrop would be a little rough looking. I don't have a place to keep it hung up all the time, so when it's not in use I fold it up and stick it in a bag. I was in the process of ironing it when my wife came out and was ready to go. She didn't feel like waiting so I threw it in the dryer for about 3 or 4 minutes and went with that.

I'll plan in advanced a little better next time!

#1,4,7 are very good for me. congratulation! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back