My Rear Window Car Ad

BekahAura

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
reflectivephotos.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really thought I was going to be able to make this design a little more... complex... interesting... I don't know. This is going to be a vinyl design that is see through from the inside of my car, so it was suggested that it be high contrast. I figured simple is better.

I know a few of you picked the black and white image of a puppy, but then looking at it made me think it would fit better on a sad ASPCA commercial asking for donations for abused pets. Abby already had a white background, and I think, being a lap dog with a bow in her fur, she's the best candidate to attract the clientele I'm looking for.

I'm also trying to show that I can produce studio style photos on-location... do you see it? Should I say it more clearly?

So here it is... imagine the whole background white, the black area is the shape of my window.

What do you think? Is there anything I forgot?

p665782158-3.jpg

Tacky. I want my brand to look expensive. Doing this you are setting your brand like plumber, electrician, etc.

@Schwettylens

So you think if I get rid of the Call Us! Visit Us! Like Us! the tackiness factor will dissipate?

I'd love to make it look more expensive... any pointers?

If you want it to look expensive, dont put it on your car.

I agree about the car ad looking Cheap, But I also see that you want to get your name out there, I say If the car ad will bring in business than do it, No matter what what type of advertisment you use if your work is good than your business will grow. Go get that Money!

@Schwettylens - Oh yeah, I forgot for a second that you hate the whole idea in general and thought you were trying to help. I guess maybe you think you are helping, by saving me from tackiness. You should see the magnetic photo frames I'm designing and planning to stick to my bumper. You'd really get a kick outta that. I'll have to post a photo when it's all done.

@Coltsfanatic - Do you think all car ads look cheap or mine does specifically? LOL Thanks for the enthusiasm.

I really don't get why some of you think it's so horrible, have you ever been to a city where every cab and bus are plastered with ads from companies that make millions more than most professional photographers on this site combined?

I some what agree with Schwetty, but instead of tacky, I will use the word busy.

Drop your Facebook link info. I am sure your website links to your Facebook.

Personally, I'd also drop the call us and visit us bit.

Less is more.

Make sure the important info has impact.

Oh, I have seen bad busy ads on buses and cabs too, so.....

I think if you just got rid of the call us, visit us, like us, it would be fine. It good enough to catch your eye and it's uncluttered, if I were in need of those services then I could get the info quickly enough in my opinion.
Good luck with it

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

It sucks that you are a dot net. Looks like somebody parked the dot com and you could probably buy it from them.

I just went through that myself and paid $500 for myname.com.

Drop the like us, call us, and facebook stuff. That will help a bit. The reflection on your name is kinda busy too, but I understand what you are trying to do - maybe just tone it down a notch?

I have no idea what you charge, but the design, font, etc. would lead me to believe I would get an on-location shoot, with a high resolution disk, for about $100. If thats far under what you charge, you may want to reconsider your design.

K

I'm not trying to be rude - I just really figured thats what your rates would be - I see they are not - I think you ca do better with this ad. If design isn't your strong suit, hire it out to someone. Well worth the $$ to brand yourself well and be seen how you want to be seen.

Last edited:
Rub, you should do one and drive around the suburbia and get those cougars.

Bwahahaha - naw - they have $$ and will gladly pay it to feel like they did in their 20's again. I want my branding to look and feel expensive.

I want my branding to look and feel expensive.

This.

You can substantially raise your prices when you LOOK expensive. But I guess that really depends on Bekah's target market, business goals and expectations.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back