My Rear Window Car Ad

The Paris Hilton dog screams "Guys need not call"... the pink/white colors scream "Women only". If that's what you're going for, awesome. Like someone else said, my business is about 70% female, but at the same time I wouldn't want to alienate my male clients like that.

IMO - stick to more generic colors, find a more neutral dog (Goldens, Basset Hounds, etc.) or...PUPPIES. Even big guys (like me) like adorable little puppies.

As far as putting an ad on your car at all, I've thought about it a few times. Less of an "ad" per se, more of just a sticker on the rear window with my website on it. Since I already have other stickers on my rear window (car clubs, parts manufacturers, etc.) it would fit in, but I drive a "rice grinder" import. Might not work well with other cars.

You have to consider your target audience, what others may think of it, and the whole picture. Nice "ad" on a crappy car = crappy photographer can't afford a better car. Crap "ad" on a nice car = cheapskate out to make a buck. Feminine "ad" on a bright pink car = smart & targeted marketing. It's about the big picture.

Good luck, I look forward to hearing what you go with and how it works for you! :thumbup:

The Paris Hilton dog screams "Guys need not call"... the pink/white colors scream "Women only". If that's what you're going for, awesome. Like someone else said, my business is about 70% female, but at the same time I wouldn't want to alienate my male clients like that.

IMO - stick to more generic colors, find a more neutral dog (Goldens, Basset Hounds, etc.) or...PUPPIES. Even big guys (like me) like adorable little puppies.

As far as putting an ad on your car at all, I've thought about it a few times. Less of an "ad" per se, more of just a sticker on the rear window with my website on it. Since I already have other stickers on my rear window (car clubs, parts manufacturers, etc.) it would fit in, but I drive a "rice grinder" import. Might not work well with other cars.

You have to consider your target audience, what others may think of it, and the whole picture. Nice "ad" on a crappy car = crappy photographer can't afford a better car. Crap "ad" on a nice car = cheapskate out to make a buck. Feminine "ad" on a bright pink car = smart & targeted marketing. It's about the big picture.

Good luck, I look forward to hearing what you go with and how it works for you! :thumbup:

Thanks for your opinion, it's much appreciated! You're a bit too late though; it's already ordered, printed, and waiting for a day over 50 degrees so I can apply it (Thursday looks good-and maybe my last chance before winter settles in!) Yeah I meant to reply to the other guy who mentioned how feminine the ad looks. And yeah, I'm definitely trying to attract women... so I guess I was successful there. It's too late to change it now, but I will have to figure out how to get to the 30% male prospects out there. For now I can only hope a man will see the gift certificate potential for his wife, mom, daughter... etc. But believe me when I say this is not my entire marketing plan... it's only the beginning... and I have a lot of work to do!

Okay, for anyone who is interested, here is the final product on my car!!! I'm pretty happy with it. I did find out that this ad actually only has a life expectancy of about 2 years, not until I lose the car, like I thought originally.

For the next printing I plan on making the "on-location pet photography" text much bigger, and Abby will be smaller yet. I can't thank you guys enough for helping me make the best of this ad. If I went with my first design no one would be able to read the small text unless they were tail-gating (which does happen a lot in rush hour traffic lol) or on foot.

p581853462.jpg

how much did it cost? It is a shame it will only last for 2 years.

Yeah, just be careful when you clean the snow.

Can you see through the back window ? I would rather have magnetic adds that sstick to doors then you can take them off

@Schwettylens Yeah, my ice scraper will not go near the back windshield lol. Defrost button, then brush only if needed.

@gsgary Yup I can see through the window just fine. During the day it's almost like looking through window tint. I can see the words, but I can still see through it just fine. At night I see through it as clear as it ever was, and don't see the ad at all. Magnetic ads can ruin the paint on your car because dirt can get trapped between them and the car. So I'm not sure I want to do that anymore. Plus, the rear windshield is a bigger canvas that people are more likely to see than a smaller ad on the side of a car.

That's not half bad Bekah, better than I thought it was going to be, and the car is a nice modest car. Works well together IMO. Not something I'd do, but also not something I'd balk at when I see it driving down the road.

@gsgary - Magnetic door ads would SCREAM "Lawn Mowing Service" to me.

The final result looks good! Glad you're pleased with it as well. I'm assuming it's the perforated type of decal? Also, did you put it on or was it done by the shop? Just wondering how hard to install.

@BAphotos: Yes it is the perforated vinyl. I put it on with my boyfriend's help. I ordered it from signazon.com and there is a how-to video there showing one guy doing it on his own. I would suggest having someone help though. We made one mistake and there is a little crinkle in it about 3 inches long... but you can't see it unless you're on top of it. So if we could do such a good job on our first try, anyone can do it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back