My Recent Photos...

Eightball Walker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
We finally got our first snow! Followed promptly by our second snowfall on Monday night, unfortunately they forecasted as much as ten inches, and we only got about a half inch...:grumpy:

From Sunday
snowing016ca.jpg

snowing024qt.jpg

If someone could explain why my night shots come out grainy and how to fix it I would be very thankful.

From Today (Tuesday)
sun012is.jpg

There is an old amusement park by my school, I had some free time so I went for some shots. Interesting thing is, I'm on the edge of a road, there are houses across the street and people see this every day as they walk out their front door. A little different from the norm....by the way, it's three shots stitched together.

linkinpark016ey.jpg

[/storytime]

The stitched photo is really good! Really, I like that one a lot, and I am happy you had only this LITTLE snow, makes the whole roller coaster seem even more unused and abandoned. More snow would have covered it up and made it soft and pretty. This way it is much better.

As to why your nightshots become noisy... how do you shoot them?
Do you push your ISO? For I don't any longer after I found out that my camera does not take too well to a pushed up ISO. I leave it at its lowest now and must therefore allow for much longer exposure times, of course, more so since I am also using the smallest aperture my camera offers me (which is not really small, but it won't go any smaller than f8 ). But I don't see that lot of noise in your first...

i'm in agreement, the roller coaster shot is great! that would be a crazy thing to see walking out your door everyday...

Thanks! I probably wouldn't have shot the rollercoaster if it had snowed out alot, this little amount of snow highlights everything and implies that its the dead of winter, and everything is cold and silent, so it really did work out well.

As for my night shot, infor on the first is:
f 2.8 2.5" 0.0 <-??
ISO 64

info on the second is:
f 2.8 4" 0.0 <-This line I don't really understand
ISO 66

they don't look very grainy to me on here, but someone had a night post a while back and they said they used something called Noise Ninja. They offer a PS plug-in or stand alone software. i'm going to get it eventually i think, his shots looked really good.

Most reactions

Back